FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can i add a new domain name

johans
Hi,

How can i add a new domain name in server1? any idea.

I tried using add on domain but it says.

"XID hu9nfk) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Any idea?
Peterssidan
Unfortunately, I think you need to update the nameservers (and wait for the changes to propagate) before you can add the new domain. This is not optimal if you already have your site running on another server because some visitors will probably experience a period when they are not able to access the site.
jestoy0514
Hi, if you were using frihost free hosting you may not be able to create a domain to a new server unless a person like deanhills will do it for you. if you were using the addon domain, meaning you have bought a domain name like www.yourwebsitename.com and then you can point it to your hosting server in frihost. A subdomain however can be created by you like blog.myname.frihost.net, forum.myname.frihost.net, or myname.frihost.net/blog.
johans
i think deanhills can help me out to add a new domain name. I already PM him on my request. thank you guys for the support!