FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advertising my website

TeksEnSeks
I created a topic in the Forum "Websites", sub-forum "Advertise Your Website" and the mod replied that "this forum is for advertising YOUR website" and then locked the topic, denying me the chance to explain my side.

The topic's subject was X-Mailer - The Ultimate etc etc...

I don't see anything wrong with the post, nor was is off-topic since what I posted there was an advertisement for my website, since the website is a support and distribution site for the software that we developed, hence, that was what I was advertising.

Did I understand the rules incorrectly? Should I have advertised the website Per Se, and not the contents? How do you advertise a website? "It was created using Macromedia Dreamweaver and the graphics were done on Freehand, has 6 pages and 24 links etc etc"?

Is it not that when you advertise a website, you advertise its contents, theme, and/or purpose? I am not attempting to start a debate or argument here. I just want to set the records straight.

Also, I hope the mods don't see this message in a bad way. I know the posts are moderated, so I know that if the mods see this post as inappropriate for this topic, they may just reply to this message in private and not allow the other members to see it. I also own and moderate several forums and groups, so I know how it works.

Thank you.
n0obie4life
Erm, it's YOURS?!

Sorry, unlocked.

-close-