FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

US laws

restonpiston
Can someone explain me the process of creating a law?
How can Trump make more and more bills so quickly, without going to the Congress?
And how can a federal judge can turn down a law, even if it is a temporary mesure?
BigGeek
restonpiston wrote:
Can someone explain me the process of creating a law?
How can Trump make more and more bills so quickly, without going to the Congress?
And how can a federal judge can turn down a law, even if it is a temporary mesure?

He as well as any President has the capacity to bypass congress, senate, and the house and sign a law into action by what is called "Executive Order". Once he signs an Executive Order it has to be vetted by the US Supreme Court and the US Attorney General to make sure it does not violate the US Constitution - if it does then it can be nullified and struck down as unconstitutional.

Typically to pass a law or an act, or a bill - it needs to go before the House, Congress, and the Senate, and they need a simple majority to pass it into existence - However unlike an executive order it is vetted by the Supreme Court first before it is ever moved to a vote in any of the three legislative branches of the Government - an Executive order goes up for Supreme Court review after it has been signed into action.

If you watched the conservative news channels they were screaming and throwing fits because Barack was signing things into law using Executive Orders, and they were screaming he was unconstitutional and running the country like a dictator - Now Trump is in office doing the same thing and they are just fine with it - as they are now claiming - it needs to be done to make the country great again!!!

Hypocrisy at it's best!
restonpiston
Thanks for the helpful explanation. Here in Spain the President can also sign these "Executives Orders" but He/She is more restricted. The Order is only valid for 3 months, after that it has to go by the normal route of a law.
standready
BigGeek: I thought laws/execute orders were to be 'challenged' in the court system possibly all the way up to the supreme court.
BigGeek
standready wrote:
BigGeek: I thought laws/execute orders were to be 'challenged' in the court system possibly all the way up to the supreme court.

That is correct to some extent. The Supreme courts evaluate the Executive Orders to see if the conform to the US Constitution or not. Like we just saw with the Travel Ban to mostly Muslims countries - Supreme court struck it down and denied enforcement as the deemed it unconstitutional.

He is redrafting the ban to make it more plausible but again it will need to be reviewed before it is enforced.

The United States of America has a system that was put into place that prevents Tyrants from taking over and ruling by decree - Trump is running into this system. Even though many aspects of our government are corrupt and owned by the wealthy the system still works and the checks and balances that demand transparency from our leaders is still to some extent working even though many of them like Trump refuse to be transparent and show the nation every aspect of their lives that could compromise their ability to do their job impartially! I give him 6 months and at the point if he has not come clean and revealed his tax returns, and put is businesses in a blind trust, then something will come up that demonstrates how much he is profiting off his position as president and at that point Impeachment proceedings will start!
standready
Yes, Trump has always acted like a tyrant - "My way is the only way". I think he is getting schooled on how Democracy really works. Can he adjust? doubt!

I think every morning in all government offices they should played the National Anthem followed by saying the "Pledge" followed by playing the Canned Heat song "Let's Work Together".
deanhills
standready wrote:
I think every morning in all government offices they should played the National Anthem followed by saying the "Pledge" followed by playing the Canned Heat song "Let's Work Together".
Great idea. Can just imagine the "patient" expression on Trump's face when all of that has to go down every morning. Someone really needs to get him a media makeover as he really doesn't photograph very well. Expression on his face needs a good workout.
BigGeek
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:
Great idea. Can just imagine the "patient" expression on Trump's face when all of that has to go down every morning. Someone really needs to get him a media makeover as he really doesn't photograph very well. Expression on his face needs a good workout.

The orange make up and hair is out there - honestly I don't know any MEN that are real MEN that dye their hair or wear makeup! Yeah he looks like a freak of nature if you ask me! AND without his makeup he is one ugly man Very Happy
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:
The orange make up and hair is out there - honestly I don't know any MEN that are real MEN that dye their hair or wear makeup! Yeah he looks like a freak of nature if you ask me! AND without his makeup he is one ugly man Very Happy
Well if he was a little more communicative it would improve everything else and one won't even notice it. Latest that I just can't believe is that he is using his daughter and her husband as unpaid consultants. Wonder what the rest of the "cabinet" thinks about this?
restonpiston
deanhills wrote:
BigGeek wrote:
Well if he was a little more communicative it would improve everything else and one won't even notice it. Latest that I just can't believe is that he is using his daughter and her husband as unpaid consultants. Wonder what the rest of the "cabinet" thinks about this?

It smells a bit like nepotism...

Also now he is more dangerous than ever, I'm sure that using powerful bombs against ISIS is only the first step.