FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How was your Christmas (2016)

standready
How was your Christmas? Was Santa Clause good to you or did you get a lump of coal?
jestoy0514
Thank you for asking, belated Merry Christmas. I've got a lacoste perfume and a nike laptop bag. I may be at the nice list this year lol.
restonpiston
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, whatever you celebrate Very Happy
I got a Steam Link and Controller, and I am enjoying them a lot, so I might be in the nice list.
deanhills
Christmas was a normal working day in the UAE. Most expats who celebrate Christmas took the day off, but for me since there isn't family around, and Christmas is for family, and lots of work to do, I did the normal working day routine.
loveandormoney
standready wrote:
How was your Christmas? Was Santa Clause good to you or did you get a lump of coal?

We do
nearly every year

Chistmas Party from
bis January First.

Today the last parcels ll be opened.

We sing
dance
cook
bake
and play.

20 singles are around
without parents or darling
cause they see

Christmas in a Family is more fun than watching TV.

Whats Your opnion. Are partys with family and friends nowadays boring?

Special are the midnight walks in the forest. I think the stars are more beautiful in the winter time.

When You like
I ll tell You some games we like to do during last evening of the year celebration.

Do U like cooking in groups or do U prefer a restaurant?
chasbeen
I got a banging headache Christmas Eve from a drinking spree around historic Rochester, Kent England on the last working day of the week Friday 23rd.
spinout
WELL justad as planned. I got a wireless screwdriver and a blueray with last season of x-files... She just looks better every season GULP
standready
loveandormoney wrote:
Whats Your opnion. Are partys with family and friends nowadays boring?

With family is typically boring but nice. Don't know how much longer my parents will be here.

loveandormoney wrote:
When You like, I ll tell You some games we like to do during last evening of the year celebration.

Go for it when you like!

loveandormoney wrote:
Do U like cooking in groups or do U prefer a restaurant?

I enjoy cooking when group I cook for actually appreciates my effort. Most just inhale food and run though.
loveandormoney
Quote:

With family is typically boring but nice.

How can a child be bored with mom and dad.

We have a christmas tree

the dream of Hollywood father in white shirt mother in beautiful skirt kid in new t shirt

where is this boring.
Lucky kids have a brother more fun to play with a toy.

Or m I sick in my brain?

And the others in our office?
chasbeen
loveandormoney
How old is the said child?
Ankhanu
Christmas was fine. Gift-wise things were sparse, which is just fine with me. I spent the day at home with my family, and took a little hobby time. For the evening, we went to my parents' place for turkey and gifts, then came home and had some friends over to play some D&D (Pathfinder).
In the wider sense, since Christmas fell on a weekend, and I'm a public servant, that meant that the statutory holiday was deferred to the next available week day; I ended up with four days off (Saturday, Christmas, Boxing Day, deferred stat. holiday). It was nice to get some rest and spend some time home. I have a 120km (~2hr) one-way work commute, which makes every work day a 12hr day, keeping me away from home for quite a bit... was nice not to spend 4hr in a car in those four days Razz

chasbeen wrote:
loveandormoney

He has very romanticised notions of interpersonal relationships...
standready
Ankhanu wrote:
I have a 120km (~2hr) one-way work commute, which makes every work day a 12hr day, keeping me away from home for quite a bit... was nice not to spend 4hr in a car in those four days Razz

I used to have that kind of commute to work. Not fun especially when commute turns into 3+ hours for whatever reason.
Ankhanu
standready wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
I have a 120km (~2hr) one-way work commute, which makes every work day a 12hr day, keeping me away from home for quite a bit... was nice not to spend 4hr in a car in those four days Razz

I used to have that kind of commute to work. Not fun especially when commute turns into 3+ hours for whatever reason.

Yeah, that's not uncommon in road construction season.
About half of my drive is on rural highway, which is being maintained/upgraded in 5km stretches each year. That means that I get to enjoy sitting in construction for 5-30 (sometimes even more) each way from about July to November. All too often there are other points of construction on one of the other roads along the way too, which can really add on to my day. It's hateful Razz

Oh, I suppose this should tie in to the main topic... I've also managed to get out and socialize a fair bit this season; I went out to a comedy show last week (one of my friends who moved away for his career was home and put on a show), went to a house punk/rock show in a friend's basement, went to a song-writer's circle & acoustic band show last night... The last event I went out for was in September, it was good to see people and take in some good talent.

Oh, and I participated in two Christmas Bird Counts, one of which I was the compiler/organizer, the other I was just a volunteer observer. Always good to get out and participate in some citizen science Smile
zacky
Belated Merry Christmas to all.

Did not get that much gifts as it's my duty now though had fun with friends and family drinking all night until morning.
ratanegra
Mine were surprisingly dull on one side because I did nothing, didn't go out, didn't visit anyone or receive any visits and spent it learning to code some stuff.

But it was also interesting because in many occasions I found myself enjoying my time alone, which is a unique experience, to feel conscience and humanity washing over you.

I also got some gifts, including an excellent pair of headphones, and started to learn Lua, so I could say that it was very productive at the same time.

Very different from any other Christmas, that's for sure. Smile
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:
loveandormoney

The child is 60 years old. The other child here is 58 years old. Around today there are
one

I think
You need to know the age of the parents, isnt it?
Mother 86
Father 88

Do U need the age of the other parents too? But You are right. Not all here in the office spend Xmas with parents. Christian, he is the "child" of 32 is not celebrating Xmas with his parents. Why? He hates his father. He does not want to see him. So he is the only one here spend Xmas with his mother alone. He just said to me, his mother also does not like to see his father during Xmas. So You are right, not everybody is having fun during Xmas Days with kids grandson or parents. Sometimes there are many problems. But we wonder, why the age in Your country during Xmas is so important. I found out in the www, in some countries there is only Xmas for kids until the age of 8. Oder kids cannot understand the magic of Xmas cause like You said they are two old. So its written thiose old kids prefer holidays, swimming, bungee jumping or mountain climing. Those kids would laugh, if they would see a Santa Clause.

Other questions:
Out of the discussion yesterday:
Many people hate to give gifts. They say Xmas party was better then without gifts. Jesus is more love than money is the argument.
chasbeen
loveandormoney

My last Christmas was a fun games packed with prizes

This Christmas was with kin. Just as lovely, but different..

Variety may be the key
loveandormoney
Thank You for the age discussion. Its true
the magic of Xmas is not comfortable in all ages in all countries.
Special in European countries a lot of young people at the age of 14 to 28 hate Xmas and 24.12. stay together. They say
there is no Santa Clause and it is a lie and there is no Jesus.
But most of them start to celebrate Xmas againa t the age of 40.

Maybe next year u ll have more fun to celebrate.

Maybe You prefer to celebrate Happy New Year with Your family cause during this day there is more dancing and the music is not so slow.
chasbeen
loveandormoney
Don't mention it Smile
BigGeek
Christmas was nice. Traveled to Fairfax Virginia to spend the week with my 85 year old Mother. Ended up having to take her to the hospital because she had pneumonia and ended up spending 2 days at the hospital on the 26th and 27th after Christmas!

Not much of a Christmas vacation but I live 2000 miles away from her and do not get much time to spend with her throughout the year, nor do I get any opportunity to contribute to her care. So I was happy to give up my time off to take care of her and stay with her in the hospital. I told her yesterday that I never get time to just spend the day sitting next to my Mom, holding her hand and talking to her, and although I do not like the fact that she is sick, I was OK with it creating a situation where I got to spend quite a bit of time with her!

I realize at her age I do not have much time left with her in this world, so I was grateful to be able to spend as much time as possible with her!

I am optimistic that she will get better and be with us for another year or two, at this point she is really starting to pick up and feel better which is a nice relief!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and best wishes to everyone for the New Year!
standready
BigGeek wrote:
I am optimistic that she will get better and be with us for another year or two, at this point she is really starting to pick up and feel better which is a nice relief

I am glad to your Mother is feeling better and I hope she continues to improve.
loveandormoney
Yesterday I thought again about the age. We were shopping tomatoes on the market place and a young man, age 22, student of French language, told me during waiting he does not like Xmas also. His parents died last year and alone he is to much bored to celebrate Christmas. But maybe next year he ll have a girlfriend and found a family. With the children he said, he ll have fun again celebrating Chistmas. Maybe You visit a Christmas party in the neighbourhood with children und You find again the magic of Christmas.
cps31
deanhills wrote:
Christmas was a normal working day in the UAE. Most expats who celebrate Christmas took the day off, but for me since there isn't family around, and Christmas is for family, and lots of work to do, I did the normal working day routine.

It would be great for all if this day may declared as a holiday!
restonpiston
cps31 wrote:

It would be great for all if this day may declared as a holiday!

In Spain is a holiday! Very Happy
loveandormoney
BigGeek wrote:
Christmas was nice. Traveled to Fairfax Virginia to spend the week with my 85 year old Mother. Ended up having to take her to the hospital because she had pneumonia and ended up spending 2 days at the hospital on the 26th and 27th after Christmas!

Not much of a Christmas vacation but I live 2000 miles away from her and do not get much time to spend with her throughout the year, nor do I get any opportunity to contribute to her care. So I was happy to give up my time off to take care of her and stay with her in the hospital. I told her yesterday that I never get time to just spend the day sitting next to my Mom, holding her hand and talking to her, and although I do not like the fact that she is sick, I was OK with it creating a situation where I got to spend quite a bit of time with her!

I realize at her age I do not have much time left with her in this world, so I was grateful to be able to spend as much time as possible with her!

I am optimistic that she will get better and be with us for another year or two, at this point she is really starting to pick up and feel better which is a nice relief!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and best wishes to everyone for the New Year!

Thank You for writing that. This does give an idea of the word love.
Maybe others did not try
You can tell mother everything
and special during Xmas You can speak about the old year
and Your mother ll listen.
This is one magic of Christmas.
Meanwhile I was reading in the www there are many people who hates Christmas or to cebrate Christmas or to stay with humans.
Some say a dog is a better friend than an human and a TV can give more relax than friends.

But everybody can choose where he is spending 24 of Decembre even in Rome.

Again yesterday was the New Years Party: We like to spend time with humans and celebrate laughing.
And its not necessary to believe in demons to enjoy fireworks.
chasbeen
BigGeek
There's nothing like Christmas as a focal point to bring the family together..
I wish I still had my Mum. So it was nice to read your efforts to see yours.
I did those efforts before Mum went, which was all of a sudden and unexpected..
spinout
I had a great christmas - I got some after shave and the x-files latest series on bluwray... I ate to much good stuff of course.
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:
loveandormoney
Don't mention it Smile

Maybe its the party itself.

Families singing together and preparing the party with surprises and
special food and so on
they have fun

and families switch on tv without any candle or word: Then I can understand Christmas is boring.

So try next year to do a real party. Do the things You like. And make other humans pleasure because this is also the spirit of the Holy Night.
Are there other opinons or the opposite?
johans
My Christmas 2016 Was very nice. I had a long drive and travel for 24 hours. Me and my family visited visayas and visited a lots of beautiful beach. The weather is perfect and the food are amzing. Fresh seafoods are the best.

I gain more weight this Christmas hahaha.

I guess i need to workout and start my diet. Lol

I hope all of you have a memorable Christmas and new year too.
loveandormoney
Maybe the people and the families, who dont like Xmas, bore each other during 24. Decembre. In our country there are a lot of bad customs, which destroy the magic of Xmas. For example those families use money as presenbt. So every member of a 8 person family is giving 500 USD as present to Father or Son oder Wife, so they can buy a better present. But most time at midnight they ll see, I gave 7 people 500 USD and so I spend 3,500 and now they gave me 3,500 USD, where is the fun of Xmas. Such stupid things make people sad.
So learn here in the thread, how to make Your family happy during Xmas. We like a happy Xmas. Better than bored watch TV. What is Your opinion. Do people, who hate Xmas and New Year, do they celebrate their birthdays?