FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old account

zacky
Recently an old friend of mine gets connected with me via Facebook. I was told that they are trying to add my old facebook account that I have no longer access. So after this chat with a friend, I realized to give a try if I can gain back my old facebook account because I was curious that there are old friends that still adding up that account to their friendslist.

However, facebook gives me only one option to retrieve it and only via email. The problem is I realized the email address I used back then was from frihost and that account I have no longer access too or I think it was deleted by frihost (wild guess).

So any advice or I should stop from here?
deanhills
As far as I know, unless they ask you to verify your e-mail, the e-mail account is a log-in name for your Facebook account. Usually people use a different password with the e-mail login for their Facebook account than for the actual e-mail account. So if you could remember your Facebook password you should be able to access the Facebook account. You may find with Facebook though that if you haven't accessed the Facebook account in a long while, that Facebook may have deactivated the account and you may have to verify it first. If you provided a phone number or security question in addition to an e-mail account, you may be OK, but if an e-mail only, then yes, you'd have to have access to the Frihost e-mail account.

If you check the Frihost Webhost Support section, Server 4, on which server you had been hosted, Server 4 completely crashed and was cancelled a few months ago.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-165745.html

So your e-mail account on Server 4 doesn't exist any longer.

What you could still try though is to Google Facebook for help. When I Googled it for example I found this option from Facebook - if this one doesn't work I'm sure there must be more alternatives for solving the problem as you can't be unique with this happening to you:

Quote:
I lost access to the email address I use for Facebook
I can’t reset my password because I can't access the email address or phone number listed on my account.
You may be able to get back into your Facebook account by answering a security question, using an alternate email address listed on your account or getting help from friends. Keep in mind that you'll only see these options if you set them up.

To see if you have these options:

1Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgot your account? or Can't login? in the top right.
2Fill out the form to identify your account.
3Select I forgot my account on the next page if prompted.
4Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don't have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these?
5Follow the instructions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends, if you see these options, or contact your email service provider.

Once you get back into your account you can change your login email address at any time from your account settings.

Source Link: http://en-gb.facebook.com/help/418876994823287?helpref=faq_content

If you are still interested in a hosting account at Frihost, you are most welcome to re-apply for an account by sending a PM to me, provided you get active with posting again. For those whose hosting accounts expired after the crash, alternative hosting has been offered on Server 1. There is regrettably no backups available for the Server 4 hosting accounts that went under when Server 4 crashed.
zacky
Thanks Deanhills.

Yeah looks like I can't retrieve the account anymore because I forgot what email address name I used way back before as facebook shade it with asterisks. Thanks for your response.