FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Syria and International intervention

restonpiston
What do you think about the role foreign countries are taking in Syria?

What about Europe?
What about Russia?
What about USA?

I am very interested in your opinions about the subject.
deanhills
I lost interest a long time ago, as I can't understand why the Syria problem hasn't been resolved a long time ago. Like after the years of repeated bombing, what is left to kill or destroy?

What I believe though is that the whole mess started with the US supplying arms to rebel groups long before real war started, so that they could topple Assad from his Presidency. Then Assad as a result asked Russia for help. I guess the relationship between US and Russia is global positioning as a dominant world power in that region.

I refused to believe that Assad was worse than any of the other leaders in the region. Part of helping the rebels to topple Assad was the US using its media to major advantage to make Assad look as bad as possible. Some of it is true, but no less true than the atrocities the rebel groups had been committing. Assad had to keep law and order in the country. Intervention by Europe I still have to figure out. Particularly a year ago when it opened its doors for refugees - like in the millions. I'd have thought it would have been much cheaper and less harmful to the refugees if Syria could have been sorted out. There must be something else behind all of this, with Merkel of the European Union playing a leading role.

What is also difficult to stomach is Europe helping the destruction in Syria along. Like it's a real mess, and all of the US, Europe and Russia will have to take responsibility for what happened. Have to wonder though how many refugees Russia has taken.
Da Rossa
With the current setting, I can only say one thing:
- Bad with Bashar, worse without him.
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
With the current setting, I can only say one thing:
- Bad with Bashar, worse without him.
Good point. Iraq's complete destruction is probably living proof of that. Wonder how many generations it's going to take to get back to where it was before Saddam Hussein was captured and executed.
andy26
Its a tough topic, The west wants Assad out, they was supporting the rebels from the start Syria was always a massive threat to the west alongside Iran. Unfortunately the rebels where been aided by ISIS and at the very beginning demanding weapon support from the west, and everyone was ready to go in and help the rebels. Luckily after the Iraq war people where more cautious about stepping in to remove a dictator.

A couple of months down the line intelligence comes through that terrorists are among the rebels, so had we of gone in supported and given modern arms to the rebels we would of been directly funding terrorism!

Problem is now Russia and Assad want rid of the terrorists and rebel fighters, The west wants to support the rebels but kill the terrorists.

Which is why you have to take reports of chemical attacks with a pinch of salt as these are more likely carried out by terrorists trying to promote the get Assad out of power regime.

Its also odd how when the US bombed 100+ civilians accidentally in Syria it was kept quite largly due to the london wesminster attacks that day and all that happens is an investigation that will probably never happen.

Yet a chemical attack apparently from Assad that killed a couple of people is a war crime!!!

Its a stupid conflict that if was left for Assad and russia to deal with the whole thing would of probably of blown over by now.