FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Santa Clause, XMAS: Duty or Hobby?

loveandormoney
Are days like the Santa Clause Day today a duty or fun. Do u do a party and the children laugh or do You hate those days. Do You wanna cancel Xmas and Easter out of the calendar or are those special fun days? Is a party a relict from the last century for old people?
amagard
Sometimes I think I would prefer to get rid of those holidays like Christmas. Frankly speaking they cause too much stress, probably at the end more stress than joy. It is certainly our own fault that we expect too much from it and actually more and more every year. We spend too much money on things nobody needs.
But there are also moments and aspects I like, like being together with my wife in the kitchen during weekend baking cookies, family meetings or providing a little present on Santa Claus Day.
Marcuzzo

for adults it may be a stressy season but for children it's awesome... presents, candy.

I for one love Christmas, my wife usually does all the shopping a month ( or 2 ) in advance so no last minute shop stress for me

Wink [/youtube]
jestoy0514
I like the holidays but unfortunately for those who are working overseas like me don't have time to celebrate it with our family back home. And also that day is not holiday where I work so we do not have any choice but to come to work. But I would like to celebrate it with my family if I have given a chance.
loveandormoney
How do You celebrate overseas? Nowadays there is christmas also in China or Afrika or Singapure.
jestoy0514
Just a simple meal that's all just like any other ordinary days after office hours.
standready
loveandormoney wrote:
Do You wanna cancel Xmas and Easter out of the calendar

Sadly people have forgotten the true meaning of these holidays.