FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

installing wordpress

evilryu530
need help installing wordpress. i have uploaded the wordpress files to public_html.
i set up my database. when i run the wordpress intsall, and plug in the database info and hit next, it gives me a timeout error, ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

whats the deal and can anyone help me?
evilryu530
i fixed it myself. looks like you have to create the wp-config file yourself using the sample php file. input your databae info and upload to hosting. cant' believe i have been a member for 11 years... wow.
evilryu530
new problem. its very slow to respond to wordpress dashboard and times out quite a bit. any thing i can do admins?
deanhills
None of the staff at Frihost have access to Server 2 so we are unable to support hosting accounts on Server 2. I know however that the specs for Server 2 haven't been updated in years, so won't be suitable for a WordPress installation. As far as I know the php version is still 5.2. You need 5.4 as a minimum.

We can change your hosting account to Server 1, but before that can happen you will need to make some posts. This is still a post for hosting forum. Razz

If you are interested in a hosting account on Server 1, suggest you first ask for a reset of your points in your Account. Once you've made a few posts we can then start a free hosting account for you on Server 1.

Server 1 comes with cPanel and although it doesn't come with Softaculous, there is a WordPress installer that is part of cPanel software. cPanel is a WordPress friendly Panel, more so than DirectAdmin on Server 2. DirectAdmin is slightly antiquated in comparison, although probably safer since it has many less bells and whistles than cPanel has.