FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Section for New Members?

Haiku2016
Can you start a section just for new members? It will help us encourage one another, help one another and make this forum a more enjoyable place to visit. Most of the people joining Frihost would have joined for similar reasons, will have similar problems and can best help one another. I am a new member and I'm finding it hard to feel at home here because there are so many places to go to but few which cater to my needs.
Marcuzzo
Why would that be an improvement.
You probably came here for free hosting and a lot of sections are related to just that.

if you're not into tech, there is the general chat, P&R and many more.

You could even just post on your blog here at frihost
Haiku2016
Marcuzzo wrote:
Why would that be an improvement.
You probably came here for free hosting and a lot of sections are related to just that.

if you're not into tech, there is the general chat, P&R and many more.

You could even just post on your blog here at frihost

It's like you visit a new place and it's nice to meet other people like you and to be shown around. Yes, if I hang around enough, I'll find my way around but it's still nice to be able to go to a "Tourist Information Centre", y'know. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Like:
- It says to ask a moderator if I don't know where to post a new thread. Umm, where do I do that?
- Like I don't understand how to recommend a new member. Do I just send them the weblink? Clever, but not intuitive. It would be nice to have some reassurance.
- Are the competitions all ongoing? Most of them are like several years old.
hown
i highly doubted are there enough new members for a new section , if not it will be a waste of resources to see only a few posts
Peterssidan
There is the introduction section where new members can introduce themselves.

Quote:
It says to ask a moderator if I don't know where to post a new thread. Umm, where do I do that?

I don' think there is a list over active moderators. There is a list at the about us page but that one is too outdated. It's probably easier if you just try to find an appropriate category yourself and if it turns out to be totally wrong a moderator could always move it later. If you don't find an appropriate category it probably belongs in the General Chat.

Quote:
I don't understand how to recommend a new member. Do I just send them the weblink? Clever, but not intuitive. It would be nice to have some reassurance.

Are you talking about the referral system? I have never used it myself but I guess you just give them the link at your account page.
Quote:
REFERRALS
By referring new users to Frihost, you can earn up to 100 Coins per user, depending on how active the new member is. You can refer a person to Frihost by letting them sign up after visiting/clicking on your referral url.
Your referral url: http://www.frihost.com/?r=136219

When someone visits this link the referral id will be stored in a cookie that expires after one month. I guess the registration system will read the content of this cookie and store you as a referrer when the person signs up.

Quote:
Are the competitions all ongoing? Most of them are like several years old.

None of them is ongoing. I'm afraid there will never be any new competitions.
Haiku2016
Many thanks, Peterssidan. Good to know, Smile.