FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting to getting your website...

Haiku2016
I don't know how many of you are here because you want to have a free website with Frihost, but if you are, I'm wondering if we could start a thread for others who might be attracted here for the same purpose. Having just joined for that purpose, I was surprised to find that it is actually a chatroom for a wide range of subjects. That's great. I can browse around to see if there are any topics I might be interested to contribute to and join in.

But the real reason I am here is for the free webhosting. And, to try out some scripting and web programming. I don't want to join the other free webhosts like WordPress or Wix because they make it too opaque and I am essentially creating a website using their editors and not really getting into the coding. Are there anyone out there with the same needs? Perhaps you can share it with us here.

What are your other needs? Again, maybe if you share it with us we can gather some useful information and things we can do while working towards qualifying for the website. Or is this is scam of some kind? Happy for you to share it here as well.

What other useful things can we do here at Frihost forums?
jestoy0514
Haiku2016 wrote:
What other useful things can we do here at Frihost forums?

Hi I am kind of new also here and got only a hundred of post. Regarding usefulness of Frihost Forum, there is a bunch of information you can find in this forum. From programming to dealing real life problems they have it all. And with my stay here at Frihost I've got a personal website, email, blog, and not to mention all kinds of support. I think that was the best part of the Frihost Forum, the support you can get from other people with different variety of topics. With regards to scripting I haven't tried that yet due to my lack of knowledge on it specially on CGI. I do programming a little but mostly python application.
Haiku2016
Thanks, @jestoy0514, I really appreciate this. Sadly, I find the mood around here not really very welcoming nor helpful. It's as if they're suspicious of newcomers. Haha, that's kinda self fulfilling, isn't it? Is like you go to a shop and they ask you whether you really want to buy their stuff. Sure, there'll be people who are just looking around, some who want to buy but didn't like the price or something, and some who are actually buying. You can't be suspicious of your customers, can you?

I don't want to complain though but if you can point me to where I can find more help or contribute, that'll be great. What I want to do is to set up a website and experiment with Python programming. I'm also contributing to other chatroom forums at other websites so I'm happy to participate. I just don't see many active threads that I can contribute to.
Marcuzzo
Haiku2016 wrote:
Thanks, @jestoy0514, I really appreciate this. Sadly, I find the mood around here not really very welcoming nor helpful. It's as if they're suspicious of newcomers.

Keep it in mind that this site is pretty old and it's not really a 'chatroom'... PHPBB ( as in PHP bulletin board) used to be pretty mainstream back in the day.

you've got 16 posts at the moment so I assume you've applied for free hosting so take it easy.
You'll get your hosting pretty soon

Haiku2016 wrote:
I just don't see many active threads that I can contribute to.

you're doing a good job by creating new topics, be creative, go nuts...