FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why I dont believe in God.

fortytw0
I am a person who always likes to be in control.
I like to be able to choose and decide what happens to me.
So the idea that my future is always decided and that I cannot do anything about it is not something I am comfortable.
At the same time, this lack of faith sometimes makes me feel lonely and feeling like I am going through life alone?

What makes you guys believe in God?
Marcuzzo
Control is an illusion.
The only thing you can control are your actions and even these are controlled by your emotions and a lot of people don't even control those.
You can't control what happens to you because you can't control other people, unless you've got one of these

I don't think deity has any part of what happens to you, some call it destiny others call it a Collision of events and some may even call it 'sh*t happens'.

Life isn't fair ( ir even a fairytail), nobody said it was easy, in fact history tell's us that life is a struggle and that life can throw you a curve ball when you least expect it and at the worst time possible.
Murphy will agree.

You can however forge your happiness and make the best of it.
Don't think about what if's and maybe's, take life as it comes and do whatever you can to make your life worth living Wink
loveandormoney
Quote:

Control is an illusion

Why people try to do it. Man is hitting his wife cause he has control or cause he has the illussion of control?

Is the devil an illussion also?
Lanasmil
You decide how to organize your life. You should take steps for yourself. As to feeling lonely it happens to each person in the world.
Marcuzzo
loveandormoney wrote:

Why people try to do it. Man is hitting his wife cause he has control or cause he has the illussion of control?

That man definitely has the illusion of control.
That 'man' is hitting his wife because he wants to dominate, humiliate and control her but in the free world, the man that beats his wife will eventually get either sued and jailed or his wife would leave him.
(or get even by getting it on with the "man's" best friend, neighbor, whatever)
In my opinion, a real man doesn't hit a woman. there is never an excuse for hitting a woman and if I ever see a man hit a woman I will make that 'man' cry like a baby.

loveandormoney wrote:
Is the devil an illussion also?

no, it's a man-made fantasy...
BigGeek
Agreed Control is and Illusion - A person can only control your thoughts and actions. Hell is you listen to modern psychology you can't even control your thoughts - you need a pill that helps you do that!

Getting back to the question - what makes a person believe in God! All I can tell you is what I know from my own experience. I used to believe in god because I was convinced that the order in the universe scientifically and mathematically speaking was just way to ordered to have come about without some intelligent force guiding it! I also used to believe in prayer and positive thinking because I believed that prayers and positive thoughts created good things in a persons life!

As I grew and gained more experience I discovered for myself that prayers and positive thoughts didn't really change anything it was merely my own delusion and self agreements that provided me what I thought was proof that some higher intelligence was in operation in the world around us. As time went on I was thrust into situations that demonstrated to me that there was no higher intelligence - there was merely random occurrences and that I mistakenly thought that when something positive happened it was due to my positive thoughts and actions. When you keep up with positive thoughts and actions and bad things start happening and continue to happen even though a person is being positive and doing good things it becomes painfully clear that positive thoughts and actions are not what produces positive effects in the world around you! Positive occurrences are random and can happen any time and anywhere and often happen to some really negative people!

It is these experiences that led me to understand that there is no god, and there is no intelligent force in the universe - that is a delusion that people suffer from in an attempt to make sense out of the randomness of life!!
loveandormoney
Lanasmil wrote:
You decide how to organize your life. You should take steps for yourself. As to feeling lonely it happens to each person in the world.

Jesus was teaching that and so they killed him.
Its called hate.
Haiku2016
fortytw0 wrote:
I am a person who always likes to be in control.
I like to be able to choose and decide what happens to me.
So the idea that my future is always decided and that I cannot do anything about it is not something I am comfortable.
At the same time, this lack of faith sometimes makes me feel lonely and feeling like I am going through life alone?

What makes you guys believe in God?

For the reasons you've just given. I believe in God because:
1. I like to think that I control my actions and therefore to some extent, I can act towards determining my own future. That control gives me a relationship with God (who controls that which I cannot control). The alternative is that this is all an illusion and life has no meaning.
2. Much as I want to control my future or my fate, I acknowledge that there is much that is beyond my control (I can't stop global warming, for example, and I can just as easily die of a heart attack later today or live to be a 100). So, it is comforting to believe that God is working with me and that all my actions, however feeble, have consequence with His help.
3. So, I am not going through life alone. I am joined by other people who are struggling with the same questions as I am and doing their best to live their lives to the fullest, in their own ways. And, all our efforts, thoughts and desires mean something because God exists.

Does this help? There is a saying: we all have a hole in our lives as big as God.