FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you aware of any Machine Learning projects in astronomy?

fortytw0
I am a Computer Engg student who has always been fascinated by astronomy.
I would love to research and work on a machine learning project in a related field.
Also if you are aware of any other computation related projects please let me know.
SonLight
You might be interested in zooniverse: https://www.zooniverse.org/

They are asking volunteers to find patterns that are difficult for computers, and they have a number of astronomy projects, including a search for planet 9. In many of the projects, they are collecting the data partially so they can use it to teach AI programs, automating more of the searches in the future.

While the site is set up primarily to support the human volunteers, I'm quite sure some of the project leaders are interested in testing and extending their AI code.
SonLight
You might be interested in zooniverse: https://www.zooniverse.org/

They are asking volunteers to find patterns that are difficult for computers, and they have a number of astronomy projects, including a search for planet 9. In many of the projects, they are collecting the data partially so they can use it to teach AI programs, automating more of the searches in the future.

While the site is set up primarily to support the human volunteers, I'm quite sure some of the project leaders are interested in testing and extending their AI code.