FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mad at your boss? Let it out here!

spinout
So I got a lousy raise this year, and I got to learn 2 new business systems and being an expert at quality assurance documentation, and had a lot of customer contacts a.s.o. A took on the hardest documentation from "the east" (i.e. poor country) and made it ok to the customer. I had good reviews of my work... still... And I don't know why I got this bad raise... Last year I got an ok raise, still don't know why. Well well ... And more got some angst to let out?
Marcuzzo
This happens a lot, especially in tech and this is mostly because of economical reasons ( so they say).
Last year I had a good mid-year review but my end of year kind of s##ked a## from a straw. In q4 I was dropped into a shtf project where the main engineer managed to fubar the entire deployment server and tools along with it before leaving the company. I was the draftee that was pulled into this pile of rubbish and in the end it was kind of OK but still... You cant turn a turd into a watch, especially under constant time pressure.

This year will probably be the same because the pre-sales architect sold a bunch of dung to the customer and I'm the poor fool that needs to make sure it gets done.
loveandormoney
Is it a question of money
or a social behaviour problem?
spinout
Money or social behavior HEHE. In my case money, but it may come from different social behavior... Must think a bit...
deanhills
Some times the guys who do the evaluations are idiots, inexperienced, shortsighted or they can be corrupt as well. They may have X budget for increases, and then don't always give it to the people who deserve it the most. One manager's evaluation may also be more strictly applied than another manager's. They may also not have the foresight of looking at the big picture.
spinout
You are so correct!!!

Unfortunately for me...
standready
It is hard to soar like an Eagle when you are surrounded by Turkeys! Need I say more?
Da Rossa
I wish I could post it here, but maybe he'll track me out and see this. So it's currently not wise to post what I'm thinking about him now Very Happy