FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Network icon problem in LXDE panel

jestoy0514
Hi good morning. I am having some problem with nm-applet in LXDE. I am using Arch Linux by the way. Whenever I am adding the nm-applet (network manager applet) in the lxde-panel it always show 2 icons which is kind of annoying. I have attached a copy of the same problem from the net. I tried to google it but they told me to remove the autostart of nm-applet in ~/.config/openbox/autostart but I don't have this file. If there is any expert in the house kindly help me. Thank you.

Da Rossa
1. Try looking for the customize icons function. Each DE and distro calls a different name. The point is getting to a list of all visible items on that panel.
2. Try updating the DE.
3. Know that LXDE is about to be officially merged with another one to become LXQT. Unless they gave up, but that is the last news I've got.
5. Maybe you could try other lightweight desktop environment. My personal favorite is XFCE. Unless you have a REALLY old computer.
6. Good luck!
jestoy0514
Da Rossa wrote:
1. Try looking for the customize icons function. Each DE and distro calls a different name. The point is getting to a list of all visible items on that panel.
2. Try updating the DE.
3. Know that LXDE is about to be officially merged with another one to become LXQT. Unless they gave up, but that is the last news I've got.
5. Maybe you could try other lightweight desktop environment. My personal favorite is XFCE. Unless you have a REALLY old computer.
6. Good luck!

Thanks. I am planning on switching from lxde to i3 or xmonad. I have look around and watch some videos and it's quite interesting. I am just waiting for my raspberry pi 3 next month and will try it. I do like XFCE and all but for me it is quite very difficult to configure. I tried it 2 times in a debian distro but I ended app messing around with the config and making it unable to login lol.