FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB avatars problem

screwforge
Hi,
I just got my domain here, so first of all I'd like to say it's great, because I got MySQL and phpBB no ads, free, I like this hosting!
I installed a phpBB 2.0.18 forum in my site in a forum.mysite.frih.net subdomain. I tried to get an avatar uploading it from my computer (with the forum's tool, not via ftp) and it didn't upload. Instead of my avatar the image-not-found thing was displayed. I think my settings may be wrong. Anyone can help?
Thanks.
xorcist
I think you have to upload the images first before you do anything and make sure the images are uploaded into the correct directory, When you see that the image not found image look for the directory it says and find it with a ftp, make sure the image is in there. If you dont have an FTP you can find a link to a free one on the boards.
n0xvb
screwforge wrote:
Hi,
I just got my domain here, so first of all I'd like to say it's great, because I got MySQL and phpBB no ads, free, I like this hosting!
I installed a phpBB 2.0.18 forum in my site in a forum.mysite.frih.net subdomain. I tried to get an avatar uploading it from my computer (with the forum's tool, not via ftp) and it didn't upload. Instead of my avatar the image-not-found thing was displayed. I think my settings may be wrong. Anyone can help?
Thanks.

Also check the permissions of the ../uploads and ../uploads/user_avatars directories, they need to be set with 777 permissions.
n0obie4life
CHMOD images/avatars to 777

And not user_uploads or whatever is mentioned in the post above mine.
n0xvb
n0obie4life wrote:
CHMOD images/avatars to 777

And not user_uploads or whatever is mentioned in the post above mine.

I think it depends on what mods are installed, my avatars aren't under images anymore... <sigh> Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
He said he just installed phpBB, so he can't have it under that Wink
screwforge
Hey thanks for your advice!!! It works!!!