FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The most important factor in a hurricane





ratanegra
I love hurricanes. I watch the videos afterwards, to see everything get destroyed. Laughing
Blaster
As Hurricane Matthew is coming up the coast of the US now i couldn't disagree with either of you more. First as someone that has seen the destruction of a hurricane, it is not fun or cool to watch in person. Winds can be damaging and the rain can cause servere flooding that can destroy homes, just look at what happened during hurricane katrina in 2005, or hurricane sandy in 2012.
Da Rossa
I've never come across a hurrican in my life. My country is free from that natural phenomenon, thank God.

However, I'm curious to know what sense does the topic title make with the first post Razz
standready
ratanegra wrote:
I love hurricanes. I watch the videos afterwards, to see everything get destroyed. Laughing

if you experienced a hurricane and had to rebluid your life, you would NOT love them.
deanhills
When I think of a country I want to move to I first check for the prevalence of mosquitoes and other such vampire pests, then environmental challenges such as earthquakes, hurricanes etc, and then crime. I much prefer not to get malaria, as I've seen what happens to people who have malaria - not all strains of malaria are prevented by drugs - like some are resistant, nor earthquakes, hurricanes, tidal waves, and high crime. If I can help it.
standready
deanhills wrote:
When I think of a country I want to move to I first check for the prevalence of mosquitoes and other such vampire pests, then environmental challenges such as earthquakes, hurricanes etc, and then crime. I much prefer not to get malaria, as I've seen what happens to people who have malaria - not all strains of malaria are prevented by drugs - like some are resistant, nor earthquakes, hurricanes, tidal waves, and high crime. If I can help it.

So where are you heading?
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
When I think of a country I want to move to I first check for the prevalence of mosquitoes and other such vampire pests, then environmental challenges such as earthquakes, hurricanes etc, and then crime. I much prefer not to get malaria, as I've seen what happens to people who have malaria - not all strains of malaria are prevented by drugs - like some are resistant, nor earthquakes, hurricanes, tidal waves, and high crime. If I can help it.

So where are you heading?
Good question. I'm thinking of Canada except it's of course quite cold during winter. Vancouver is an option, but hopefully I'll get employment as it's heck expensive to live there.
loveandormoney
Is it true?
In Canada there is no?
Really?
standready
deanhills wrote:
I'm thinking of Canada except it's of course quite cold during winter. Vancouver is an option, but hopefully I'll get employment as it's heck expensive to live there.

That explains why so many Canadians spend winter months in the southern U.S. Smile Most 'cities' are expensive to live in. That is why there are suburbs. Could you work from home so you could live almost anywhere?
Where I live is considered a suburb of Chicago 50 miles away.
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I'm thinking of Canada except it's of course quite cold during winter. Vancouver is an option, but hopefully I'll get employment as it's heck expensive to live there.

That explains why so many Canadians spend winter months in the southern U.S. Smile Most 'cities' are expensive to live in. That is why there are suburbs. Could you work from home so you could live almost anywhere?
Where I live is considered a suburb of Chicago 50 miles away.
I need to find self-employment for sure. Will need to put my thinking cap on before I get to Canada. You're right about Canadians (snow birds) spending six months away from Canada - few I know spend it in their second homes in Florida.

Any chances of hurricanes in your city? Vancouver is probably the last place for a hurricane - everything there is mild - the rain is tiny drizzly stuff with no real water in it - like not proper rain drops and can be incessant from November through to April. There is a little wind now and then, but none out of the ordinary. Now and then there's a snow dump of significance, but infrequently.
standready
deanhills wrote:
Any chances of hurricanes in your city?

No hurricanes in the U.S. midwest but we do get torados and serve thunderstorms.
I have experience a hurricance in southern Florida while on a job site.
Ankhanu
The Atlantic coast hurricanes frequently cross Nova Scotia, PEI, and occasionally get up to Newfoundland. New Brunswick usually only gets the rains associated with the storm.
BigGeek
Well I live in Colorado and we NEVER have hurricanes - and only occasionally a tornado but they are out in the planes not up near the mountains!

I lived back east and lived through a couple of hurricanes - they are crazy and very destructive and I am more than happy to live in a place where they are no longer a weather worry! Although a few years ago we did get enough rain in 4 days to flood the place and wash out whole towns in the mountains - so I guess we don't get hurricanes but we do get floods.

Worst part about a hurricane is the storm surge - a hurricane is such an intense low pressure system that it literally sucks the ocean up into the funnel. In some cases quite a bit - when they tell you the storm surge is 6 feet - that means the water at the center of the storm is 6 feet above the normal level. When they make land the water level increases and floods the hell out of everything. That combined with the winds and waves and typically there isn't much left standing on the shore.

I can honestly say that is one aspect of living on the east coast that I do not miss!!!
Related topics
Linking from a high page rank site
Master Tutorial on SEO
Best CPM???
What's bad in your country. Which should be improved
Best place for domain registration?
Meta Description
What determines the amount of posts there are in a thread?
How To Get High Rank in Google?
Premarital Sex?
Do you need a degree?
What do you consider to be the most important security issue
The most important thing in your life?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the internet?
Your Most Important Relationship
What is most important act for best relationship?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.