FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 Domain Renewed - Importance of making backups

deanhills
Good news is that Frih.net domain of Server 2 was renewed for a year today by Bondings. New expiry date is: 2017-10-02.

I'm sure most Frihost members on Server 2 are making regular backups of their hosting accounts, but for those who have not been making backups, our Admin, tidruG recommends that you do this on a regular basis as a matter of priority. Currently Bondings is the only person with access to Server 2 and active staff cannot assist in eventuality of a crash or loss of data.

Server 2 has some constraints that have been documented before in the Hosting Support Forum. I.e. the php version is still 5.2 and there are issues with IPs. For those who are unhappy with their hosting on Server 2, please feel free to write to me for space on Server 1. Note that since Server 2 has a different control panel than Server 1 (Server 1 has cPanel) and Bondings is the only person with access to Server 2, an automatic transfer will not be possible. You will need to make a backup of your Website and re-upload it to Server 1 from scratch. The sub-domain will also be different and will change from name.frih.net to name.frihost.net.