FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 issue reported by dude_xyx

deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:

I already having a little problem with my WP blog here, can't reset the password. It seems mails not working again. Anyone Knows if Server 2 has issues or something ?

Bondings is the only one with access to Servers 2-3. As far as I know the php version is still 5.2. Could be that with all of the regular upgrades of the WordPress script that Server 2 configuration is behind the times.

If you like we can open a hosting account for you on Server 1 to replace the one on Server 2. Just PM me with a request. Unfortunately it won't be automatic migration, as Server 2 is on DirectAdmin and Server 1 on cPanel but it should be easy to upload. I won't recommend using the mail feature though. Much better to go for an e-mail host like Zoho that is much more secure.
dude_xyx
Well I don't need the mail feature. I only need it when I have to reset passwords etc. That's the case this time too. Also I don't think moving to Server 1 would fix my problem because the Blog in question is hosted on free sub domain I got from here. It's on frih.net and I think that domain is in Server 2 Sad

Anyway I got the password problem sorted out. Changed it through database. Now I'm having another strange problem. Some critical pages are not loading. Pages like Core-Updates.php, Themes.php, Plugins.php etc.

I delete all Wordpress files and uploading a fresh set of Wordpress files now. I hope this will fix it.
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
Well I don't need the mail feature. I only need it when I have to reset passwords etc. That's the case this time too. Also I don't think moving to Server 1 would fix my problem because the Blog in question is hosted on free sub domain I got from here. It's on frih.net and I think that domain is in Server 2 Sad
You're right. The sub-domain will change to frihost.net, which is the domain on Server 1. Like yourname.frihost.net.

dude_xyx wrote:
Anyway I got the password problem sorted out. Changed it through database.
I do that often too. Do the DirectAdmin change password thing. Glad you got it sorted out.

dude_xyx wrote:
Now I'm having another strange problem. Some critical pages are not loading. Pages like Core-Updates.php, Themes.php, Plugins.php etc. I delete all Wordpress files and uploading a fresh set of Wordpress files now. I hope this will fix it.
I'm almost certain it will. I once had a problem like that and my solution was to create a new empty database and import a backup database into it. Then loaded a brandnew WordPress script. Fixed up the new config file. Made sure to copy the images, plugins, themes etc into the content folder - like match it up with a few extra tweaks. Saved the permalinks. That sorted it out for me. Like completely refurbished.
dude_xyx
Sadly it didn't in this case. Might be something to do with Apache mods. So I think server 2 badly need a restart. Don't you guys have any way to contact Bonding? He should able to check things at least once a month. Just to do few mission critical stuff for servers.
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
Sadly it didn't in this case. Might be something to do with Apache mods. So I think server 2 badly need a restart. Don't you guys have any way to contact Bonding? He should able to check things at least once a month. Just to do few mission critical stuff for servers.
Great suggestion. Have written to Bondings. Please let us know when the situation has been resolved.