FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows password recovery disk

lavaliga
I need to create a password reset disk. I find there are many similar programs for this. I tried two and they didn't work on the latest windows 10. Do you know any good one for this?
jestoy0514
lavaliga wrote:
I need to create a password reset disk. I find there are many similar programs for this. I tried two and they didn't work on the latest windows 10. Do you know any good one for this?

Hi good evening I am currently using windows 10. I found this link for some recovery option in windows 10. And are you not using your microsoft account or you are still using local password? If so I suggest you use microsoft account to login on your device. It will make your life a lot easier.
lavaliga
jestoy0514 wrote:
lavaliga wrote:

Hi good evening I am currently using windows 10. I found this link for some recovery option in windows 10. And are you not using your microsoft account or you are still using local password? If so I suggest you use microsoft account to login on your device. It will make your life a lot easier.

Thank u, jestory. I don't use Microsoft service much so i didn't sign in with Microsoft account. it is a local account. I followed the link you suggested but unfortunately, no valid for me currently. I was locked out of the computer so i can't make a password reset disk now.
jestoy0514
Hi again. Please check this link it basically says that you need a windows 10 cd to boot on and then from there you need to create another user with a administrative permission to be able to access the machine you locked out. I hope this helps you.
Marcuzzo
Instead of using the install disk as the how to geek guys did it, I used winPE to get into a shell, see http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1198728.html#1198728
Heannes
Quote:
Hi again. Please check this link it basically says that you need a windows 10 cd to boot on and then from there you need to create another user with a administrative permission to be able to access the machine you locked out. I hope this helps you.

Did you try the Ophcrack to reset your windows password? it works fine and free.
lavaliga
Heannes wrote:
Quote:

Did you try the Ophcrack to reset your windows password? it works fine and free.

I did but it says table is not found when using the program.
Marcuzzo
lavaliga wrote:
Heannes wrote:
Quote:

I did but it says table is not found when using the program.

Which version did you download? Did you also include the rainbow tables?

Know that using ophcrack you may be able to recover your password if it's not too strong, i've only had positive results with silple passwords.

Using the alternative method is a lot easier, you create a new admin account, log on as admin and reset the password