FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cron jobs

n0obie4life
i tried reading the tutorials...expect for the one at cpanel.net

so how do i do a cron job for mysql backup? i was told that its possible.
Alienz
Maybe this link will help you.
n0obie4life
Alienz wrote:
Maybe this link will help you.

nope it didn't. cause i don't understand Wink
Alienz
Guess I can't help you any further Sad
n0obie4life
Alienz wrote:

Sad. helpppp!
Maka
I would be interested into an auto backup, i'll have a google search so see how it's done.
Alienz
n0obie4life wrote:
Alienz wrote:

Sad. helpppp!

If I did not remember wrongly, there is a mod for auto back-up database. Do a search at http://www.phpbbhacks.com

Good luck Wink
n0obie4life
Alienz wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Alienz wrote:

Sad. helpppp!

If I did not remember wrongly, there is a mod for auto back-up database. Do a search at http://www.phpbbhacks.com

Good luck Wink

yeah i found it at www.phpbb.com 's beta section much earlier.

it was said that it has a "security" risk...so cron jobs would be better.
gonzo
http://www.google.com/search?q=auto+mysql+backup&sourceid=mozilla-search

Wink

sf.net has good stuff

Quote:
AutoMySQLBackup Requirements..

I tried to keep the requirements to a minimum, I personally don't like scripts that have lots of requirements and that I have to spend hours getting the requirements sorted out before I can use the script.

The AutoMySQLBackup script only requires mysqldump (A standard utility provided with the mysql client) and gzip or bzip2 for compression of the backup files.
If you would like to have the log emailed to you then you will need to have permission to execute the "mail" program. If you want the compressed backup files mailed to you then Mutt must be available on the server.
Finally you will need a bash shell and the standard system tools and utilities (all these requirements should be the default on most linux system.)

What AutoMySQLBackup does..

Every day AutoMySQLBackup will run (if setup on /etc/cron.daily) and using mysqldump and gzip will dump your specified databases to the /backups/daily directory, it will rotate daily backups weekly so you should never have more than 7 backups in there..

Every Saturday AutoMySQLBackup will again backup the databases you have chosen but they will be placed into /backups/weekly, these will be rotated every 5 weeks so there should never be more than 5 backups in there..

Every 1st of the month AutoMySQLBackup will create a backup of all databases and place them into /backups/monthly. These will never be rotated so it will be up to you to do your own house keeping. I would suggest taking a copy of this offline every month or two so that if you have a hard drive failure you will be able to restore your database..
n0obie4life
err yeah, thanks. whers the command line?