FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost 4 Server Status?

pauline5765
Hello

I wonder if server 4 is down? Since I was never able to access it since few days ago

http://frihost.org:2222/

This is server 4, right?

Please help Sad
pauline5765
Is there any server status link (that is live and working) so we can see if any of the servers are online or offline?

Would be glad if it's updated. I've accessed the old link but it's not working anymore
deanhills
pauline5765 wrote:
Hello

I wonder if server 4 is down? Since I was never able to access it since few days ago

http://frihost.org:2222/

This is server 4, right?

Please help Sad

You're right Pauline. It looks as though Server 4 is down. Unfortunately Bondings is the only person who has access to Server 4. I'll write to him to let him know the server is down.

Think you've been lucky to have been up for so long at Server 4 without posting for hosting. Wink

Do you have a backup of your Website? If yes, maybe we could move you to Server 1, as we do have access to Server 1. Would be nice if you could post for the hosting account though. You could apply for a reset of your points in your Account so you can start posting from ZERO without needing to get rid of the backlog.
pauline5765
Oh I see.. yeah he's been gone for a long time. Life happens lol

Okay, I'll patiently wait for him and for the server status to come online Smile
deanhills
Great to have you back Pauline. I checked and Server 4 is still down. Will try another email.

Otherwise there is always Plan B available - move to another server, if you have backup available.
loveandormoney
What does mean a long time? One month?
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
What does mean a long time? One month?
Your guess is as good as any of ours. Although we are hopeful none of us can have a clue until Bondings has been in touch.

What kind of Website do you have? Did you make a backup of the Website?
pauline5765
Unfortunately, I don't have a backup since the files and websites (and emails) in that account are way back 2012 and I have changed laptops (and external hd) over the course of 4 years frequently.

I can patiently wait to have those files and data back, but would be awesome if I can be moved to server 1 as well. Smile
loveandormoney
Dont worry
about our files.
But thank You for asking.

Advice:
We write HTM Files
or create gif or jpg
and then we burn it on CD.
From CD we do the upload to the www like frihost.
So our files are save.
Thank You.

Do You think they are destroyed? No I think its a connection problem and we can reach our urls on Frihost soon again.

Regards
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:

No I think its a connection problem and we can reach our urls on Frihost soon again.

Regards
That is the best case scenario. I'm hoping for that scenario too. But there are many other scenarios possible as well. So it is good you have made a backup of your Website.
SonLight
Since we don't have an "official" way to check if the frihost servers are up, I tried one of the status sites. I was able to verify that at the time I wrote this post, frihost.com, frihost.net, and frih.net were up. I also tried frihost.org which I think we had at one time, and I think it's the server we lost. The check for frihost.net is:

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/frihost.net.html

Maybe it would be good to make an official post which at least stated what servers we now have and how to test them, or edit the first post in an existing thread. You can find both the domain name and the ip address where you're hosted on your account page. I don't think the terms server 1, server 2 etc. mean much any more, except historically. Perhaps fcom, fnet, and frihnet would be better names for the servers now (assuming I've got the right ones).
deanhills
SonLight wrote:
Maybe it would be good to make an official post which at least stated what servers we now have and how to test them, or edit the first post in an existing thread.
What a brilliant idea. Now why didn't we think of that? Wink

SonLight wrote:
You can find both the domain name and the ip address where you're hosted on your account page. I don't think the terms server 1, server 2 etc. mean much any more, except historically. Perhaps fcom, fnet, and frihnet would be better names for the servers now (assuming I've got the right ones).
Nope, there are four Servers. Servers 1, 2, 3 and 4. The Servers and corresponding domains are all listed in the Frihost FAQs.

These are the Servers we have presently. They all have their own domain with corresponding name servers and it is very easy to check up on the status of the servers by just searching on the domains. Easiest is just to type the domain in the address line and it should immediately default to Frihost.com. If it doesn't, then you know the server is down:

Server 1 - Frihost.net
Server 2 - Frih.net
Server 3 - Frih.org
Server 4 - Frihost.org

If you check the last Official Blog post by Bondings in 2014 when Servers 2 and 3 were migrated from the US to Germany in a hurry, Bondings mentioned he had to fix some of the Frihost.com coding and somehow never got a chance to do that. Hence why the server status links haven't been working since then. But there's always a work around of course. Very Happy
loveandormoney
Thank You for all that information.
deanhills
Thank you all for your patience in waiting for a response. I regret to let you know there is bad news. Bondings has just let us know that Server 4 has crashed and in spite of all of his efforts during the week he was unable to retrieve the data. All data including backups have been irretrievably lost.

Please check this announcement:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-165745.html
loveandormoney
I was late.
Sorry.
I did answer the PN.