FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL] Play Station 4 or Xbox?

Will you be getting PlayStation 4 any time soon?
HELL NO - I prefer Xbox!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
HELL YEAH - PlayStation is the better of the two!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Sure, when the price of PS4 drops a little
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
If they change the controller
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
None of the above
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

deanhills
Do you prefer Play Station 4 over Xbox? Any plans to get PS4 soon? And why?

Do you prefer Xbox, and why?
spinout
I got the ps4 a year ago or more... The controls are better, and the fan is mostly silent. I don't know how much the fan sounds on the xbox??

I play few games, ufc 2, pinball season 1 n 2, fifa, fallout 4 have I finished and gta 5.
SpaceInvader75
There were a couple of reasons I bought an Xbox One:

1. The price dropped recently because they announced a new model. But I really didn't need the new one because the main differences are the smaller size and 4K support, but I don't own a 4K TV.

2. I already had over 10 games downloaded on Xbox Gold that would be playable on the Xbox One. So if I had switched to PS4 I wouldn't be able to play these if my old Xbox 360 breaks.

3. Two people in my family own and Xbox One, so I could potentially play games with them in the future (I don't have very many games yet). If I went with a PS4 I wouldn't have that option.

So really, none of my reasons have to do with one being better than the other (I think the PS4 possibly has better hardware) except for the price at the time. In any case I don't think there are huge differences. One possible drawback to the Xbox One is I read the hard drive is not easily to replace. If I remember correctly it is easier to do this on the PS4.

In my opinion a computer is still the best option, but I didn't have enough money for a computer that I really wanted, and I wanted to be able to play some newer games now. Smile

Oh, BTW the fan on my Xbox One is much quieter than the my old 360. I don't really notice at all.

I also like the fact that you can minimize your games now, without completely restarting.
SpaceInvader75
Maybe this is also true of PS4, but the Xbox One has no RCA output, so I can't use it with my computer speakers. And even if I get a receiver, I think it would have to have HDMI input. You could possibly plug the speakers into your TV but my TV apparently doesn't have RCA outputs so I can't even do that.
Marcuzzo
first of all, I have an xbox one and I will try to post unbiased.
IMO deciding which console is a personal matter.

I've had the Playstation ( before it was called the "one".. just the playstation) and after this I had the 'classic' XBOX, then the 360 and now the 'one'

I loved all of them, not because of the console but because of the fun times I had with them.

deciding which console to take should be translated to 'which controller fitst best in my hand'.

performancewise, both are amazing and enjoyable

I prefer the XBOX because the controller sits better in my huge hands and the 2 center joysticks on the PS controller are way too close to each other for me. ( again, I don't know about the PS4 but I have owned the original PS and played on the 2 and 3 and they all felt the same way )
william
Thus far, I've bought both and gotten rid of both without opening them (for profit Razz).

The value of the Xbox One is pretty incredible right now. You can get one for not much more than $200 and it's a pretty robust system. The launch of the new "S" model has helped bring the prices down even more (and it's not a major upgrade, anyway). If you want to play the latest multiplatform games, it's a pretty good way to do it.

The PS4, I think because of its success, tends to not go much below $300. I wouldn't buy one now, though, just because the upcoming "Neo" will actually enhance performance and is possibly a month or two away. But, it's a solid system as well.

Don't know which controller I prefer. The PS4 controller is, mostly, an upgrade over the Dualshock3, minus the fact that it not longer has pressure sensitive buttons. -_- But the Dualshock3 wasn't a very good controller to begin with (I still can't understand how they allowed such spongy triggers to reach the production model). The Xbox One controller has a significantly better D-Pad than the 360 and the triggers are neat, but I'm really not a fan of the new shoulder buttons. They don't feel as comfortable as they were on the 360. Maybe I just need to get used to them?

That said, the PS4 is probably the system I'd buy of the two for two reasons. The first being that it has more exclusive titles, like Uncharted 4, Bloodbourne, inFAMOUS, and the upcoming Persona 5. Sadly, aside from Forza, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive, I couldn't think of any other Xbox One exclusives I was interested in. And because Microsoft will be selling some of those titles on the Windows Store, the number of exclusives shrinks to almost nothing. Ultimately, I'm still a PC gamer, so my reason for getting consoles are exclusives and local multiplayer and the PS4 exclusives are pretty decent. The second reason is because I've been subscribed to PS+ for a couple years, due to owning a PS3 and Vita. There are a ton of games on PS+ that I haven't played because I don't own a PS4, so I'd have a lot to play the day I buy it. If you have Xbox Live Gold, you'd have a similar incentive to buy an Xbox One (like SpaceInvader75 mentioned).

As far as noise is concerned, I don't know about the new "S" model, but the Xbox One certainly tends to be quieter than the PS4. It definitely should be, though, it's enormous and has an external power supply. XD I haven't taken one apart or looked at tear-downs, but I'm under the impression Microsoft built a beefy cooling system to avoid the RRODs that plagued the 360.

Also, @SpaceInvader75, the Xbox One has a TOSLINK digital audio output. If you need RCA, you can get something like this or this to convert the digital signal to an analog one.

Edit: Also, didn't vote in the poll. They're pretty evenly matched systems, IMHO, but they don't excite me the same way the PS3/360 or GCN/PS2/XB or even earlier generations did.
spinout
The controllers on my PS4 still holds up! well that must mean OK quality, after 2 years.

Other than that the system feels quite stable.