FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python GUI Toolkit for Inventory Software

Which GUI Toolkit?
WxPython
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
PySide
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tkinter
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
PyGtk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

jestoy0514
I am planning to create an simple inventory management software using python2 and sqlite3, and I was wondering which of the mentioned toolkit will be appropriate.
cyborg
If you want to build GUI app with python , u have lots of options but for me, have try Tkinter and Qt they are both fine, but u will need external libraries to get ur hands on some widgets in Tk but Qt is very rich with widgets , I don't think u will ever need an external library. One thing about QT, is not very pythonic but TK is and its comes with Python interpreter . Depending on ur software mysqlite is good for small devices , packed software and managing memory but if that's not the case and the database will be require in real time, I will advise you to go for mysql . Python is always a good choice for starter.
jestoy0514
Thanks cyborg I will keep that in mind. For the meantime I am using tkinter toolkit and sqlite3. I was planning on simple inventory only but mysql might be a better choice in a larger project in the future. For now I am focusing on using sqlite3 and researching more a bit more on relationship and foreign key because I was hoping I could put a purchase, inventory, and sales in a single software. Thanks for the advice.