FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why do people like to cook and eat together?

loveandormoney
In many countries in the world
a member of the family starts at 10 pm cooking
and at 12 am the whole family is eating soup or something else together?

Why dont they like to eat an apple only or a pineapple?
Is eating a kind of culture or pleasure or a need of the human body?

Do You like to cook and to eat?
BigGeek
Cooking and eating together is a family thing! Recipes are passed down from generation to generation and the favorite ones are what those in the family are looking for during family get togethers. My father always had a really good grilled chicken recipe - and typically on Sunday after church the whole family would get together for a Sunday dinner. Each of us would bring our favorite dishes, and who ever would host the event would cook the main part of the meal such as beef, chicken, pork, or some such protein.

Big family meals are a way for the family to stay in touch, get to see one another, and spend some time enjoying good food and good company!

Well I guess that is if you enjoy your family and their company! Some people I know are not very close with the other members of their family and they do not have weekly meals or gatherings to see one another.

I am sure there are other reasons to get together with your family - but typically a good meal is one reason!
spinout
I have heard it is sexy (for the brain deep down) when someone eats...
loveandormoney
BigGeek wrote:
Cooking and eating together is a family thing! Recipes are passed down from generation to generation and the favorite ones are what those in the family are looking for during family get togethers. My father always had a really good grilled chicken recipe - and typically on Sunday after church the whole family would get together for a Sunday dinner. Each of us would bring our favorite dishes, and who ever would host the event would cook the main part of the meal such as beef, chicken, pork, or some such protein.

Big family meals are a way for the family to stay in touch, get to see one another, and spend some time enjoying good food and good company!

Well I guess that is if you enjoy your family and their company! Some people I know are not very close with the other members of their family and they do not have weekly meals or gatherings to see one another.

I am sure there are other reasons to get together with your family - but typically a good meal is one reason!

How about cooking with friends, and eating together

Why not?
Holiday today so
we say better to watch 10 hours of tv

meet at 10 am
cooking until 12
and then
eating together
some like to play a little basketball after the espresso.

So we eat and the thing is
its much cheaper then people who like to eat a sandwich or like to cook alone:

tuna steak with thai style fried rice and sweet and sour vegetables

and afterwars an cherry cake

before the fish will arrive the table
we ll eat an apple carot soup.

So is that supid and boring out of Your view?
standready
cooling and eating together is a sense of community, a bonding experience.
loveandormoney
This
is
the discussion.

Yes or No.

We/I say:: "Yes."
zarawatsonn
When you are with bunch of peoples may be your friends or relatives, you just wanaa hangout or cook anything, with lots of people you love anythnig to cook and eat, no matter of choices.
loveandormoney
YES
withour any bad mood.
But love.
playfungames
I love to cook sometimes but not always. So not every people are the same. Some people like to gather up and cook together and enjoy the meal together. I am someone who likes to order a quick meal, finish up and go. But sometimes, I love to be social and hang out with people and then eat with them and talk and spend some time doing so. So, it's different for different people.
jajarvin
loveandormoney wrote:

Yes I do.

I am used to cook every day.
For example this is how my day's menu can look like:
breakfast -> some porridge and coffee
lunch -> salad and vegetable soup
dinner -> fried salmon and mashed potato

I use about 70 minutes to do all this.
It really is fun.
pauline5765
Well, because eating is something you can do with everyone else. I mean, everyone eats, lol.

You can do something else, like play basketball together, but not everyone might like basketball. Or watch tv together but sometimes some don't like the same channel as you do.

But with eating, you share all the same food you have in the table. And most of the time you like the food since it's what you grow up with - mom's cooking or grandma's cooking or even dad's cooking haha..

But even if you don't like the food.. like the vegetables (yuck), you still need to eat it. My grandmother always tells me before in the past, whenever she gets angry we don't quickly come when we get called to eat...

"The family that eats together, stays together."

So it's more of a form of doing something together so we can maintain relationships within the family and love each other - bonding. Smile
Da Rossa
I like eating, especially when I'm hungry. Not sure why people like to gather to eat. Maybe it's one of the opportunities to have the family together. Also there is likely to be only one suitable space for people to eat: the table. Unless they like eating on the floor.
Da Rossa
I like eating, especially when I'm hungry. Not sure why people like to gather to eat. Maybe it's one of the opportunities to have the family together. Also there is likely to be only one suitable space for people to eat: the table. Unless they like eating on the floor.
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

Yes I do.

I am used to cook every day.
For example this is how my day's menu can look like:
breakfast -> some porridge and coffee
lunch -> salad and vegetable soup
dinner -> fried salmon and mashed potato

I use about 70 minutes to do all this.
It really is fun.

I ll join here.

We ll join here.

Yes.
It is
it is a kind of creative acting.

And guests ll arrive
what do they like best and then to cook it.

Like painting a picture.