FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is Frihost good for hosting webcomics?

Necrucifer
My friend suggested I join for quality webcomci hosting seeing how Keenspace sucks when it comes to hosting webcomics, even though, that is what they do.
ignition
Frihost is good for pretty much whatever you want to put up, as it long as it's not illegal, torrent-related, or irc-related.
Necrucifer
Awesome and I don't intend on torrents, irc, or illegal. Just a place to host my webcomic.
tingkagol
I think frih will do fine hosting your webcomic site, but you need to keep watch of your bandwidth usage, seeing that it only has a 10GB/month limit. I think in the long run, when your webcomic gets more and more viewers (which is obviously your goal), you will be having problems with bandwidth esp with a site heavy on media (images).

I think its best to get a paid hosting plan when your webcomic goes mainstream. But for starters, frihost will do. Smile
jveezy
10GB is A LOT of bandwidth. You will definitely be set for a looooooong time.

Say each page of your comics were 60KB, you'd have to have over 160,000 page views a month before you even come close to the bandwidth limit. I hope your comic endeavors go well, but it will probably be a long time before you get that popular.
Necrucifer
Yeah, I'm sort of new the the whole webcomic thing. Infact I only plan on updating on the weekends for a start so i doubt bandwidth will be a problem. And I pray that my comic will become popular, but hey, a teen can't ask for everything right?
seanooi
I'm sure you're site's gonna be nice. i've seen some web comic sites and they're really cool.

But anyway, frihost is a really reliable host, I've had a host before which claims to be reliable, but unfortunately it closed down after a few months of operation. Laughing
Necrucifer
Just requested for hosting. All I gotta do now is brush up on my HTML coding. Fortunately I'm taking a web design class in school, but it's still not enough. Time to go look at other webcomics HTML source codes and skim through my web design book. This is going to take a while. -_-;;
cnnet
10 gb transfer is large enough
I run a forum
it use about 5 gb/m
Monkeydog
Necrucifer wrote:
My friend suggested I join for quality webcomci hosting seeing how Keenspace sucks when it comes to hosting webcomics, even though, that is what they do.

I'm so great.

Yeah, it'll work I'm pretty sure...
bananaphone
tingkagol wrote:
I think frih will do fine hosting your webcomic site, but you need to keep watch of your bandwidth usage, seeing that it only has a 10GB/month limit.

Seriously - even paid plans that cost over $30 a month only give you 10GB of bandwidth. I think Frihost is great!
Necrucifer
Monkeydog wrote:
Necrucifer wrote:

I'm so great.

Yeah, it'll work I'm pretty sure...

ZOMFG! MONKEYDOG! *glomps*
MistaKiula
uh... x.X

Anyways.. let us see your comic when it's done Smile
hahame
i have use the frihost webspace 5 months,it do well
Jimi_Hendrix
i think you wont have problems with frihost, i didn´t found a free hosting with php, sql, and 250 mb. I would like your web when it will be online
posof
free hosting good Smile 250 mb Wink
nilsmo
My friend has a web comic... He used imageshak hosting.
http://blahtheblah.blogspot.com/

You may want to host your images somewhere else (like imageshak) as my friend did to save frihost some bandwidth.
Chords.of.Life
whats the link to your comic page?

you're gunna get a lot of hits from this forum alone probably.

not enough to worry about 10 gb of bandwith though.
Necrucifer
The comic isnt quite up yet, but the page is coming along smoothly, Im' working on it every day, and I have an awsome staff for this.

enjoy: http://stereotypicallyincorrect.frih.net/

note: the page is still in it's beta stages, so keep in mind that the staff and I are working every day to expand and add on to the site. Smile
AG007
I like your website simple but cool.
I look forward to your comics. I hope they don't contain heavy language. Wink
php_wizard_l33t
FriHost will be perfect for your needs, I'm sure.

I've had FriHost for some time now, hosting my website, and they have never let me down at all no matter what. I run a phpBB forum on my website, and it uses approximately less than 600MB a month on bandwidth with like 15 users accessing it. I think you'll be fine with FriHost for a long time to come.
[FuN]goku
[quote="bananaphone"]
tingkagol wrote:
Seriously - even paid plans that cost over $30 a month only give you 10GB of bandwidth. I think Frihost is great!
Yer its true. a good host besides frih would be http://www.diagemshosting.com/ u gotta pay for it but... my friends friend owns it. bandwidth isnt that bad but.. frih is better

heres the specs for diagems..

» Diagems 100
→ 100Mb Disk Space
→ 1000Mb Bandwidth/Month
→ Unlimited Email
→ 2 Parked Domains
→ 4 Subdomains
→ 5 FTP Accounts
→ $AUD9.95* per month
→ NOW $AUS4.95* per month
Unlimited Email ←
3 Parked Domains ←