FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do You celebrate a Sunday (Holyday of the week) or do You ig

loveandormoney
Do You celebrate a Sunday (Holyday of the week) or do You ignore that custom?

Do You celebrate a weekly hiloiday like Friday Saturday or Sunday (Holyday of the week) or do You ignore that custom?

Is it a day of enjoy?
Ankhanu
I don't (usually) work weekends... that's about it.

I don't see that there's anything to celebrate; they're just days.

MODERATOR - Topic moved from inappropriate forum.
jajarvin
loveandormoney wrote:
Do You celebrate a Sunday

Oh, yes I do!

For me is Sunday a rest day.
It means in practice that I take it easy
and I do not "work".
loveandormoney
I m sorry. I did not explain it good enough.

In some countries in the world there is the Saturday a special day. There is no work and no university.
And the people dance with their families and they visit the beach.

Other countries say Friday or Sunday are special.

Do You life every of the 7 days in the week the same way or do You celebrate that day with Your darling?
Ankhanu
Every day is pretty much like any other to me... and I celebrate with my darling accordingly Razz
loveandormoney
I forgot.
There are countries in the world without that celebration day.
Bank and Office and Shop and Companies work 7 days a week.

Are they more happy than the people in the USA with two or more holidays every week?
SonLight
In many "traditional" jobs like factory work or office work, there is a five-day work week in the US, so a lot of people have two days a week (Saturday and Sunday) for whatever leisure activity they desire. In many service industries, there is a demand for labor seven days a week. Usually people who are required to work on weekends are given other days of the week off.

As to how our time off is spent, that varies tremendously from person to person.
loveandormoney
Today
there is Sunday.
In our country its the duty to have fun.
Now its 7am we just come back from the forest after doing basketball.
Men now prepare breakfast and two women use their guitars.

Do You have to work today.

Be happy the evening will be Your gratification.
deanhills
Sunday in the UAE is the first day of the work week. Been quite a busy working day today. Angel

People work quite hard here on every day of the week. Some of the Government and Semi-Government Departments are closed during the weekend, and one is lucky if one works for Departments like that.

Otherwise business are open until late in the evening every day of the week. Except for lunch time on Friday. Some businesses are closed during Friday morning as well. Some shopping centers are open until morning hours over the weekend.
SonLight
loveandormoney wrote:
Today
there is Sunday.
In our country its the duty to have fun.
Now its 7am we just come back from the forest after doing basketball.
Men now prepare breakfast and two women use their guitars.

Do You have to work today.

Be happy the evening will be Your gratification.

7 am? You need to learn about the good old American custom of sleeping in on Sunday mornings. I do like your idea of a community get-together with food, music, and sports though. In the US, if you want the men to prepare breakfast, don't ask them to start before 10 AM.
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
Sunday in the UAE is the first day of the work week. Been quite a busy working day today. Angel

People work quite hard here on every day of the week. Some of the Government and Semi-Government Departments are closed during the weekend, and one is lucky if one works for Departments like that.

Otherwise business are open until late in the evening every day of the week. Except for lunch time on Friday. Some businesses are closed during Friday morning as well. Some shopping centers are open until morning hours over the weekend.

That is funny.
In some countries in the world
the Sunday is the last day of the week.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That is funny.
In some countries in the world
the Sunday is the last day of the week.
I guess religion has a way of putting the world upside down some times. What is first becomes last and what is last becomes first. As long as the world keeps turning however, all is well. Razz
Ankhanu
I think an important aspect of this discussion is the recognition that cultures differ, and even within cultures perspectives on what is important differ... the value of a given day is just one way this manifests.

I mean, here we have loveandormoney and SonLight thinking that weekly community get togethers are a great idea... and me here thinking that would be a very personally taxing bit of social obligation Razz
loveandormoney
I am interested
or
we are interested in Your view.

We dont say we are right.

But
here we say
we like to live in groups also in familys.

And example National Holyday all members of the family are available for a party.
One or two have to work.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
I mean, here we have loveandormoney and SonLight thinking that weekly community get togethers are a great idea... and me here thinking that would be a very personally taxing bit of social obligation Razz
I find that personally taxing too, although for me my daily attendance at work is a daily community get together that at times can be quite intense when we're working on projects. I like to have a break from that over the weekend, so I can replenish my energy field.
zarawatsonn
It all depends on the mood and the circumstances which are going at that time, according to that i plan my weekend!!!

By the way, last sunday i had a great fun with my friends.....
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
I find that personally taxing too, although for me my daily attendance at work is a daily community get together that at times can be quite intense when we're working on projects. I like to have a break from that over the weekend, so I can replenish my energy field.

"I can replenish my energy field."

This is the point.
playfungames
We don't have a public holiday here on Sunday. We have workdays Sunday to Friday and only Saturday is a public holiday. We have a half day on Friday though. Our missed Sunday holidays are covered by several festivals and events that are celebrated throughout the year and there is a holiday on such days. So, it's equivalent.

So here, we celebrate more on Fridays and take rest on Saturdays. Fridays are wild for me and Saturday is a hangover day. I'm distancing myself from that lifestyle these days. Also, on festivals it's like Fridays--meeting up people, family, partying, eating, traveling and what not. It's different but it's comparable to the rest of the world.
loveandormoney
Thank You. This is
what I wanna talk about.

Why do many people hate to hangout and they run and run and run and run
40 years

ask them
they say we catch money.