FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Backlight Problem with Samsung N150 Netbook

jestoy0514
Hi, good day to all of you. I am fan of Slitaz for quite sometime now. I am using it mostly in virtual drive. So I decided to spin Slitaz on my Samsung N150 Netbook to make sure it is working properly but unfortunately wireless driver and back-light is not working and I am hoping there is any expert on the house who could point me in the right directions on how to activate the back-light. The wireless driver can be installed but I do not have any idea with regards to the back-light.
SonLight
Hi, it looks like no one here uses slitaz; otherwise someone might have made a suggestion. I tried searching, and of course this thread came up as the first answer. I did find a problem with backlight controls, but running Ubuntu. It's a long shot, but this might give you some ideas to try or to search more precisely:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2163131

The instructions that got his working, at least until he rebooted, was:
Quote:
Can you try this?

1. Remove acpi_osi='!Windows 2012' and add back "acpi_backlight=vendor"

2. Log in and try function keys and slider again.

3. If they don't work, then:
Code:
sudo modprobe -r samsung_laptop
4. Try the function keys and slider again.

5. If they don't work, log out and back in again and test again.

6. If still not working, log out, go to first tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1), log in to the text console and run:
Code:
sudo service lightdm restart
7. Log in again and test once more.

After that, he apparently found a way to make it permanent, and discussed limitations on the controls. If your backlight is coming up "off" by default, and the Fn keys aren't working to change it, I suspect that something similar might help.
jestoy0514
Thank you for the effort. I do have the same problem with ubuntu distro but that was solve by using Linux on my Samsung by Fortunato Ventre. I do try the same procedure but not with ubuntu but with archlinux instruction and still no luck. So as a result I decided to put Debian Jessie instead with LXDE. Backlight was working out of the box but got some little work with regards to the wireless driver Broadcom BCM43 because the old driver is not working. I may have to stick with Debian for the time being. Thank you very much.