FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thanksgiving

RA
In North America, Thanksgiving is a celebration of being thankful for what you have. It has its roots in the early colonial settlers being helped by the locals (Native Americans).

Is Thanksgiving, or a similar celebration, practiced in other parts of the world?
seanooi
in my culture, I think chinese new year would best apply to these situations. Laughing
but one thing I like about is we get 'ang pow's' also known as red packets. These red packets often contain money$$!!!!! Laughing
excel
Ahhh.. Thanksgiving.... The celebration of us americans stealing the mother land away form the Indians, and sticking them into small crowded reservations, for our kids to go visit on school trips...

Kinda gives me a warm feeling...

Laughing
Mark999111
nope, thanksgiving is 100% ignored here, well it'd be a bit pointless celebrating some other countrys holiday wouldnt it?

EDIT: well we do have the 12th of july, celebrating the prodestand victory over the catholic king james, but nowadays itis just an excuse for some chavs to do head to head and throw a lot of petrol bombs Mad