FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good work from home websites?

MOUD
I want to try working from home but I see a lot of scam sites, so I'm a little hesitant.
Can anyone point some good websites? Also, does anyone have any experience on that?
jestoy0514
Hi, I am thinking along the same line. I suggest you start of thinking a topic that people usually get their interest and make a blog out of it. Like for example a DIY of things and put some ads over that and I believe they are going to pay you for every click on their ads. I hope this helps.
tonberry
When it comes to various systems where you have to do something and then get paid, all of it is scam, never do that!

If you want to earn money from home, you need to go to freelance job posts. Look there for what services people offer. What are your skills, knowledge, qualities? You have to find something you can do, learn it, maybe take a course in it, and then start offering your services for money on those websites, slowly building your experience and credibility Smile

Good news is that you can do more and more from home. Even some serious corporate work gets outsourced to private "contractors". Good times to be freelancing, even with all the competition! Or at least that's what people say.
stickman1401
depending on what skills you have, you may be able to find some work on either of the following sites:

Fiverr.com (freelance platform with jobs starting at $5)
Upwork.com (way more professional than the above)
freelancer.com (similar to upwork)
99designs.com (if you know how to design)
Insanity
If you are looking for very small bits of money like for beer you can check out sites like Swagbucks, which provides you some income for just clicking on random things and advertisements.
loveandormoney
MOUD wrote:
I want to try working from home but I see a lot of scam sites, so I'm a little hesitant.
Can anyone point some good websites? Also, does anyone have any experience on that?

We can help You.

What kind of job are you looking for?

DONT USE FAKE PAGES!
Da Rossa
Quote:

Yeah you're doing good about being hesitant. Fact is, you won't work from home for a new employer. First, you need to be on-site, then assume a position in which your work can be measured by production and that could be done elsewhere. The employers want to cut costs, but they also want the employees close for supervision.

Now, next time you see those "Google pays me $476 a day for labouring at home", use common sense. They already have a lot of employees working in their headquarters that could be doing this exact shady job.
BigGeek
Yeah - there are way too many scams to list out there and none of them pay any money! My wife tried paid surveys and did hundreds of surveys and never got paid. The sites that claim you can sign up for deals and earn money from the cash back offerings is also a scam you have to sign up and pay with your credit card to get the rebate - you end up paying the first month fee and then get the rebate, but if you don't cancel before the next billing date - you get billed again and there goes any profits - plus you end up with all kinds of charges on your cards.

I've tried on line writing jobs, in the end got paid about $2 an hour for writing!

Tried affiliate marketing - hard way to go, and driving traffic to a blog site is not as easy as the online sites say it is.

Multi Level marketing looks attractive, but signing up people is difficult and especially in this economy where so many people are broke and live paycheck to paycheck. So coming up with a start up money is difficult!

If they ask you to pay anything upfront it is a scam, and if they promise you big money it is a scam!

If I ever figure out how to easily make money on line I'll put up a post, but for now all my efforts and research has been for not, as I have spent more than I have earned online!
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:
If I ever figure out how to easily make money on line I'll put up a post, but for now all my efforts and research has been for not, as I have spent more than I have earned online!
You'll become an instant millionaire with posting that idea. Frihost traffic will hit the roof. Everyone will be watching this space, particularly me. Razz

I think the best way for you to make money is to start a blog on fixing motor cars with general filler blog posts on all kinds of car subjects. I remember at one stage in our Frihost history when interesting posts were made in the Transport section. Like they could easily be made into blog posts. Cool