FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I just started a new blog: Computer Tech News Daily

SpaceInvader75
I started it on blogger, hoping to get some some traffic sooner.

computertechnewsdaily.blogger.com

Sorry, I can't get the url coding to work here.
rx9876
This url is not work,
so I googled your web site title,
and I got this website http://computertechnewsdaily.blogspot.tw/

Is this your website?
SpaceInvader75
Yes, that's my site. Sorry, I thought it was .blogger. At least you found it. Smile I'm not sure why it showed me .blogger.com
SonLight
Nice site. I think your ideas might be helpful for a lot of people. 1983 versus todays tech brought a smile to my face. In the future, you might want to mention the IBM 650 with 60 words of IAS memory, IIRC.
SpaceInvader75
Thank you SonLight. I've had a little traffic from google, but so far nobody has commented. I'll wait for them to comment to see what kind of topics they're interested in, or maybe just try different topics and see if I get more visitors. I'm definitely going to blog about backups and Malware removal/prevention in the near future.
SpaceInvader75
I've never heard of the IBM 650, but I think I'm going to start a blog here on vintage computers and electronics Smile
SonLight
Actually the 650 is well before my time too, but then I never got to drive a model T Ford either. Donald Knuth mentions the "many pleasant hours" he spent with a 650 in one of his "Art of Computer Programming" books.

I missed almost all of the first generation (vacuum tube) computers, but I did arrive on the scene in time to see an obsolete Burroughs 205 still installed, and then over the next few years saw many of the logic modules from it for sale as surplus parts. I think I did "match wits" with an IBM 704 vacuum tube machine at the worlds fair in 1964.

The IBM 1620, 1401, and 7044 I do have some direct experience with using and/or programming.