FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IFTTT - if this, then that

Da Rossa
Have you ever heard of IFTTT? It is primarily a mobile (iOS and Android) app based on recipes: you create a 'condition' that will trigger an 'action'.

For instance, since the app is mobile, it is aware of my phone's geo-location. So, the trigger is, whenever I leave a specific area, then it will automatically add a row to a Google Spreadsheet loggin the time and date of in and out. Very interesting.

You can think of any combination you can imagine, since you can create integrations with other services, like Facebook, Instagram, Gmail (whenever I star an e-mail, then copy it to Evernote), and so on.

What custom-built recipes do you have to increase your productivity?
RS108
They have a maker plugin too, which means that you can trigger actions when a HTTP request is made, I've made a battery powered beer opener that tweets "A beer was just opened" trough IFTT when it is used. It lasts about two moths on one charge.
aviaryan
**Notifications on Telegram**

Create a telegram bot.
Use the Maker addon of IFTTT to send a POST request to that telegram bot on activity.
The POST payload can include chat_id of the bot's chat with you to send you private messages or the bot can be added to a public channel to send notifications in that channel.

I plan to write a more descriptive blog post on this later.
Da Rossa
I would like to have a receipt to add a new row to a Google Spreadsheet whenever my Android shows a notification, separating the sheet with: name of the app that triggered the notification | notification title | notification text | date & time.

But I can't begin to know how to do it. Any thoughts?