FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP with Frontpage

blackdragon666
When I try to FTP my site with Frontpage an error message pops up that says

"Server error: The URL '_vti_bin' is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current web"

This is probably a mistake on my part, but I have never used DirectAdmin before so cut me a break Twisted Evil
SunburnedCactus
Make sure the Frontpage extensions are turned on in DirectAdmin first. Then it should work (albeit painfully slowly).
blackdragon666
That was the first thing I did when I started

I went back and checked. The extensions are enabled, but I get the same message. Why is it even trying to find that file? I have an idea, if it works I'll post it in here Twisted Evil

Nope, it says the file isn't on the server, I'll keep tryin I guess Twisted Evil

I think something may be wrong on Frihost's end (not blaming you just looking for reasons for this to be happening) because it will not let me manually type the codes in either. When I try to save the page it says _ "Unable to save your changes

Details

Unable to open /domains/freeksunited.frih.net/public_html/index.html for writing"
Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong, I don't know. Twisted Evil
Daniel15
I think you need to use HTTP when publishing with FrontPage. For example, you'd need to publish to http://freeksunited.frih.net/, not ftp://freeksunited.frih.net. Ask someone else that uses FrontPage, they'd know.

Otherwise, just manually upload your site using an FTP client. It will go a LOT faster. If you don't have an FTP client, try FileZilla