FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any software to download a complete web site?

RosenCruz
I am looking for a free and decent software to download a complete web site of mine. I was creating this on a custom blogging system. I really started to liked it and now I want to work on it on my computer. This is nothing commercial or fancy. I tried HTTRack, it adds some lines of codes to the web site. Any other suggestions ?
deanhills
I used to do that with MS-Expression Web. It's a free download from Microsoft. You create an empty Web and then import the external one to it.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179

If it is a blog as you say, and it is WordPress, you can use the duplicator plugin to clone the Website and then use Xampplite to work with it on your computer. I use the free version of DesktopServer to work with WordPress on my computer and it comes with Xampplite.
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
I used to do that with MS-Expression Web. It's a free download from Microsoft. You create an empty Web and then import the external one to it.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179

If it is a blog as you say, and it is WordPress, you can use the duplicator plugin to clone the Website and then use Xampplite to work with it on your computer. I use the free version of DesktopServer to work with WordPress on my computer and it comes with Xampplite.

Thanks for the suggestions. It is a Webnode 2.0 web page. I started to work on it a while ago and I kinda liked it. Now I want to further edit it on my local pc. I will check that Microsoft software and see how it goes
whyaqm
Why not just using ftp to download all the files?
jestoy0514
whyaqm wrote:
Why not just using ftp to download all the files?

That is exactly what I hand in mind. I am using Filezilla client and never failed me even once. And it was quite easy to use. And the best thing of it is it's free.
Marcuzzo
Can you really do that with an ftp client? Definitely have to try it once.
I used to use httrack for that but that was a long time ago