FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Model men

chasbeen
Ok guys, no girls on this one.

Who are your model men?

Mines:
(1)Clint Eastwood:-
Actor. Just a unique approach to life. He stands out because of the way he presents himself on and off the screen.
(2)Tony Pulis:-
Football manager. Whatever he touches he leaves behind him success. A great leader of the toughest group of men.
(3)Alan Shearer:-
Footballer. As a striker he would beat all in his path. Very crafty with a wicked streak but shows appreciation of his fellow man at the same time.
tonberry
Well, Pulis plays the definition of anti-football, probably the most boring team to watch this season for which he gets plenty of grief from West Brom fans, so I don't think he falls in the "definition of man" category. On the other hand, he gets the job done, WB have a very good position and the recent win against Manchester United must sure feel sweet!

Eastwood has been a symbol of manhood since his Leone westerns and it seems that his charm is still present to this day, my girlfriend recently saw The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and she thinks he's very sexy!
chasbeen
tonberry

have you got any "model men" and why do you "rate" them Very Happy
playfungames
Would it be too weird if I said Eminem.

I mean he might not be the perfect role model but hey, I did listen to his music during early 2000s and it was a tough time for me. Not that I compared with him (stan) but it did help me get over some tough times during the day.
chasbeen
playfungames
I heard him on the radio yesterday but he dropped out of the limelight. The radio presenter said that she'd wanted to play some of his stuff for ages.

Eminem is an inigma but definitely unique. I don't know anything about him but, for me, that does not exclude him as a "model man"
Insanity
What's Clint Eastwood like off the screen? I know he's great for his job on the screen when he's acting or directing movies. But I don't really know what he's like off the screen. Does he donate a lot to charity? Or spend a lot of time working on other efforts beyond just his job? Those are the aspects that would appeal to me more, because that shows that they are not just interested in making money but making a difference in the world with that money.
tonberry
I liked his attitude when they asked him about the whole "white Oscars" thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2uFyjMVw-k

Didn't fall for that trap! Although it's obvious that since the great actor that is Will Smith didn't get an Oscar, it must mean people who vote are part of a secret Ku Klux Klan movement Very Happy
chasbeen
Insanity

Quote:
...that shows that they are not just interested in making money but making a difference

It's a nice thing to do but there are many factors that make a "model man". Each "model man" has a subset of those attributes and not (necessarily) all the nice ones Sad

tonberry
Yeah wasn't that great at the "White" oscars Smile
Myrecords
You all must be youngsters,my model man is the man who got up rain or shine,went to a job he hated and put food on his family's table and kept the bills paid and didn't complain...MY FATHER-A REAL MODEL MAN!!!
chasbeen
MyRecords
Good one!