FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My site

otiscom
otiscom.frihost.net
matt87
You site looks good but try visiting it in another browser. I am using firefox and a lot of things overlapping each other and some other weird stuff.
__MiMi
It's alright
but there are a few buttons overlapping one another.. maybe it's the browser I'm using (Safari)
It's still alright though. Very Happy
elekis
idem (I m under firefox) and I see that

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot3am.png
ignotus
Otis, nifty job.

Heh, I'm not sure if everyone notices that the buttons are supposed to overlap and that you have arrow buttons beneath the navigation. I like that idea.

I like the entire concept of the site. It could be a LOT better, however. My suggest would be to continue to expound on flash in your studies and move toward developing a full flash site or a site rich in flash content. You can incorporate that idea you have going on with your navigation, as well as your repeating header. You could even institute a slideshow for your photos and other images.

Concerning the looping header, I'd probably have it run through it's animation only once.

I can see that you know Java and are showing off your skills Wink, but I would still aim toward developing a full flash site or a site rich in flash content. Have you also considered doing your site in CSS? That would be good for SEO as well...if it's just a personal site, you may not want to head towards SEO. However, if it is a display of YOUR photography (which I'm assuming it is), then you may want to fully investigate SEO/CSS methodologies to greatly maximize your site's potential Smile...

..Great work overall, keep it up, keep fresh and stay a learner!

See ya around!
matt87
ignotus wrote:
...Heh, I'm not sure if everyone notices that the buttons are supposed to overlap and that you have arrow buttons beneath the navigation. I like that idea....

...and move toward developing a full flash site or a site rich in flash content....

I notice about that but the overlapping looks funny plus look at elekis screenshot and you will see some text hiding behind picture. This is what I see because I to use firefox.

As for going to a full flash site... its not always the best thing to do that. In order to make a full flash site it takes years of experiend and having just some flash isn't that good. Beleive it or not... some people still don't have flash on their computer. I know it sounds funny but its true.
Kaisonic
It is a nice site, but the buttons are a little confusing. I do agree that it's a neat idea, but for the average internet-surfer, it's a little confusing (even I couldn't figure it out for a second) But it's pretty nice.