FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your sleep pattern?

playfungames
I have a really weird sleeping pattern. I am a night owl, I will give you that. I am creative and work better during the evenings and especially during the silence and dead of the night. But I am a different type of night owl. My routine goes in a circular motion.

Everyday, I find myself waking up for 17 hours and sleeping for 8 hours. That is 25 hours, I know. I push my day by 1 hour daily. So if today I'm up at 1, tomorrow I'm up at 2 and so on. So, my schedule is circular. It's a good thing that I work online otherwise it would be tough keeping up with the daily life.

Anyways, these days it's even different. I sleep 4 hours in two different intervals. So I sleep from 10 PM to 2 PM and then do my thing, my work online. Then at arouond 8 i eat and go to sleep at around 9 or 10 and wake up 4 hours later. It is really a weird thing.

What about you? Is yours something mundane like mine? Or is it just a normal pattern where you go to bed late and wake up late or something like that? Please do share. Thanks
tonberry
Does that work out for you? You feel fresh with that routine? It is hardcore! Heard of a guy who takes six one hour breaks multiple times per day and that's how he sleeps and few times about a guy who sleeps 2 hours each day and that's enough for him but never knew how much truth there is in stories like that Smile

Don't know why I'm replying though as I have the most boring sleep routine imaginable - 12pm to 8am!
deanhills
I'm terrible with my sleep patterns too. I wish I could have a boring one as I believe that is the better one to have for good health.

I get home after work, have dinner, and then may pass out on the couch. Tonight I had been completely passed out for six hours. It's going for 3:00 a.m., and I'm going very strong. I may get to bed at 5:00 a.m. for one and a half hour, then have to prepare for getting to work again.
standready
tonberry wrote:
few times about a guy who sleeps 2 hours each day

That was me more in my younger days than now. I did get a few more hours of sleep every once a while. Now I find I sleep more usually six hours max.
tonberry
Cool! Good to know stories like that work out. For me, two days with minimum sleep and I start to have auditory hallucinations.

Probably one of the more popular sleeping patterns for people who work at home or have their own company is going to sleep half an hour or an hour later than on pevious day to just finish that one more thing before going to bed and then at some point finding themselves with no more time to sleep Wink
playfungames
tonberry wrote:
Does that work out for you? You feel fresh with that routine? It is hardcore! Heard of a guy who takes six one hour breaks multiple times per day and that's how he sleeps and few times about a guy who sleeps 2 hours each day and that's enough for him but never knew how much truth there is in stories like that Smile

Don't know why I'm replying though as I have the most boring sleep routine imaginable - 12pm to 8am!

It works great for me. I am mostly active during the night so I'm fresh usually. But when my sleep pattern revolves around and lands me in such a way that I wake up during the morning, then there is a slight issue for me. I can't do that much work in the mornings and so my productivity goes down a lot. That means when I have more awake time during the mornings I do less work. But that is the opposite when I have more night time when I am awake.
LxGoodies
During the work week I sleep 4-5 hours per night, in weekends I can spend 8-12 hours sleeping..
Alfie
I usually wake up at 1-3pm then sleep at 5am. I should really sort it out...
spinout
Now I get tired in 0130... but in my younger days 0300.
I sleep like dracula, now a movement.... My breath can stop during sleep (sleep apne is it called here) but then a wake up gasping for air... But the trick is to fill your lungs some times before you got to sleep, somehow the other organs make way for the lungs...
TurtleShell
I work two jobs to support my family. I go to bed every night between 11pm and 1am, then I get up 5 or 5.5 hours later. That's my sleep pattern. I am constantly exhausted. I have an office job where I stand at my desk in order to stay awake. On the way home from work at night, I have to call friends to stay engaged enough not to fall asleep at the wheel. It's ridiculous and unhealthy. I see no way around it at the moment.
BigGeek
I have noticed that as I get older I need less sleep! Typically I sleep 5 to 6 hours a night. I am usually up late until midnight and again up at 6 AM. Fortunately I live 4 miles from work so I go home to eat lunch and catch a 15 minute nap after I eat my lunch. If I go to bed early say 9 or 10 I am back up between 3:30 and 4:00 AM. Which is usually a productive time to get up because I can get a few hours work in at my home business before I go to work. I manage pretty well on 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night because I get that 15 minute nap at lunch time.

Makes for long days but typically between my job and home business I am so busy that the days seem to go by quite fast. Although many weekends I tend to sleep a lot during the day, with more than one nap during the day.
LxGoodies
Neutral

TurtleShell wrote:
On the way home from work at night, I have to call friends to stay engaged enough not to fall asleep at the wheel. It's ridiculous and unhealthy

Sounds quite dangerous too. You can't take a train, or bus ? carpool ?
tonberry
Sad to hear it TurtleShell, it seems like you have a tough live, you must be one strong person!

The most ridiculous story I heard was actually in a TV show about some type of disease. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it was devastating and one woman was ill. She had a husband, a family of multiple kids and she worked one job full time, one job half time, took care of the kids for many hours due to her husband having to work long shifts away from home and... for 11 hours she had to be lying and connected to expensive equipment or she would die very soon. She couldn't do anything in that period. The state of her body was so poor and painful attacks so devastating that normal person would probably mentally disintegrated in despair, yet she still managed to stand strong and lead a life with absurd amount of responsibilities.

I think of it sometimes after complaining that my life is hard to give myself some perspective on how hard life can really be Smile
Myrecords
Umm, well I go to bed fall asleep, and when the sleep ends I wake up?
jajarvin
I try to sleep as much as possible.
Always I do not sleep so a long time.

I think the main reason why I do not sleep enough is my computer.
Often I use my computer late at night and after that
I do not get some sleep easily.

The cure for this is of course not to use my computer late at night.
deanhills
jajarvin wrote:

Same here. I find if I'm on my computer beyond 11:00 p.m., that it's very easy to go right through the night. I'm more or less OK in the morning for work, but it's brutal going into the next afternoon.

Best way for me to get more sleep is to focus on it as priority number one to the exclusion of all other including internet interests. Key is plenty of exercise in fresh air and getting to bed between 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. Haven't got to that point in a long while, but am hoping to get there soon. I'd need to give myself a real good boot first to get to that point.
playfungames
jajarvin wrote:
I try to sleep as much as possible.
Always I do not sleep so a long time.

I think the main reason why I do not sleep enough is my computer.

One way I stop myself from using the computer so much (or rather used to stop myself) is by giving the power cable of my desktop to someone else. Similary, I would give the charger and the battery of my laptop to someone else. I would tell them not to give them back to me until the next morning. Then, without the ability to use computers, I would go to sleep after some struggle.

Sometimes though, I used to go back to them and ask back the charger or the wire or battery. It was like an addiction. But I told them to not to give the items back to me and they wouldn't. So, I had to sleep. These days, we have mobiles and I keep phone hugging all the time.
Da Rossa
I have an irregular bioclock. Right now it's 3:20 am and I still need to do some things. It is nasty, because I wish I had a regular behaviour.
spinout
Iam like Count Dracula - sleep completely still... I seldom move during sleep.

Also I got sleep apnea---- I can stop breathing during sleep
standready
I have no pattern for sleep. I am just happy to get a little sleep every once in a while.
deanhills
standready wrote:
I have no pattern for sleep. I am just happy to get a little sleep every once in a while.
That's a perfect description of my sleep as well. Grab it when I can. And if I can't sleep I don't sleep. I get up and do something.
Blaster
I have a weird sleeping pattern due to my work week. I work 4 days on then have 4 days off. On my 4 days I work 2 days and 2 nights.

Let me explain a little better if I start work on Monday i will work Monday day (7 am to 7 pm) Tuesday day (7 am to 7 pm) Wednesday night (7 pm to 7 am) and Thursday night (7 pm to 7 am). Then I will have off the next 4 days so Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday in which case it starts all over again on Tuesday.

With that being said my first day back I get about 5 hours of sleep, my next day about 5 and a half hours. I will then go to bed late that next night and try for 11 hours of sleep which gets me up around 11 and I will be up until about 8 that next morning and get about 5 and a half hours of sleep for my 2 night works. On my first day off I sleep during the day until about 2 then try to make sure that I go back to bed around midnight that night so I can get back on somewhat of a normal schedual.
Josso
I can be up for 3 days randomly, and when I do sleep nightly I need more than average to get proper rest. Well I'm very rarely well rested ever, it's a major problem
devpython
Mine is very strange. I cant get the same pattern everyday. Sad((
ratanegra
I feel best when I sleep during the day and am awake all night and morning. However, this sleep cycle is not good for my health and I've been suffering from certain evils brought by it, so I am sleeping now from 12am to 8am, usually. At least I'm trying, but I always end up sleeping 6 or 7 hours due to someone making too much noise around me (today it was my dad speaking darn loud on the phone).