FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Captain Of The Starship Enterprise?

Myrecords
Was it the first captain[Christopher Pike as portrayed by the late-Jeffrey Hunter]...or the cool Captain James T. Kirk[William Shatner]or the new Kirk[Chris Pine]?....for me it was the first Captain[Pike].
Ankhanu
I've always been a Picard fan, though as I start to answer I begin to realize that you're maybe only referring to the Constitution-Class Enterprise(s) (NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A), which would limit the answers somewhat.

Captain Spock was probably the most complex character to be captain of the Enterprise, which probably puts him ahead for me. Aside from that, I suppose it would have to be Shatner's Kirk. He's the template, the prototypic Star Fleet captain against which every other captain is assessed. The Pine's Kirk is decent, but is lacking... something. It's a pretty great Kirk, but is perhaps lacking a certain self-awareness that the campiness of Shatner's Kirk has. To me, Pyke was always something of a footnote in the Enterprise history.
jajarvin
The one and the only Captain James T. Kirk [William Shatner]