FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

create a font from your handwriting !

gonzo
yes, amazing and true

http://www.fontlab.com/Font-tools/ScanFont/

Write out all desired characters in a grid, scan, highlight, process, save. Now you have a TrueType or preferably Type1 font in your own handwriting!

Cool

http://www.font.to/video/SFIntro/SFIntro_viewlet_swf.html
http://www.font.to/video/SFbitmaped/SFbitmaped_viewlet_swf.html
n0obie4life
gonzo, there are other forums in frihost.

General Chat isn't for everything. Maybe I should ask Bondings to put General Chat right at the BOTTOM.

-moved-
gonzo
I put it in general chat because non-technical people frequently ask if its possible. As such they'll not see this thread. oh well.
Arin
gonzo wrote:
I put it in general chat because non-technical people frequently ask if its possible. As such they'll not see this thread. oh well.

There's a 'search' button. And FriHost forum has pretty nice archives.

Cheers,
Arin.
lockwolf
Wow, this is very sweet! Now I can get this and have my friend make all his gangster handwriting an actual font for my computer which looks really cool! Its probably worth the 2 or 3 hundred dollars to buy this
bananaphone
Very cool! Ill have to try it out!
Actually I've heard of it before but forgot the website.

Very Happy Thanks Gonzo!
randyttp
Thats insane!! Really cool idea... Except My hand writing sucks so bad I wouldnt wanna do it.

But I wonder if they have archives of user submitted text characters.. would be cool to see what other peoples looks like.
gonzo
randyttp wrote:
.. Except My hand writing sucks so bad I wouldnt wanna do it..

you can edit the vector after scanning! And there's two little known features in the opentype specification that allows 'automatic' variation of letters (assuming you scanned in variations for a given letter)

But its BEST to use Type 1 format!!
Cano
Oh thank you! I always wanted to make my own font but I don't want to buy expensive font-makers. Thanks a lot for that link.

Greets
Cáno
hangnhu
I try making my own before, it fun and cool, I didn't scan thought, made it from scratch, however I lost the whole file because I couldn't save it to the net. My laptop broken, so I haven't enable to retrieve the file.

there are too many beautiful handwriting font outthere
you guys know a font creator for free? those are really expensive, it like rival to micra fontographer
hack_man_
I read about that in my computer mag, it says that you have to pay for it!
hangnhu
Fontgarden, it the name of this fantastic website, which i can't remember the url to, anyway, this site have loads of handwritting font in it. I can't bother to try making my own handwritting now, seems someone already done the same

anyway if it can be search on engins, hope u guys get to see the site, it really good, fontsgarden.com or something