FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gitlab

which git repository hosting service do you use?
Github
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Bitbucket
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other - see my post
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Marcuzzo
when it comes down to managing source code I've used several online services to host my remotes.
I started using Github a long time ago and I loved it. still do actually, but after a year I migrated to bitbucket because I needed the private repositories.

if you look at github, their site looks nice, they've even got their own markdown flavor which looks pretty sweet. their platform is stable and everything works as excpected.

Bitbucket on the other hand does offer unlimited private repo's but doesn't actually listen to their users. feature requests are rarely implemented and from time to time they make changes to the site which is a PITA for all users. that, plus the site look's really old.

recently we started using the community edition of gitlab on our corporate servers to privately host our own codebase and I have to say, I love it. it has all the pro's of github and bitbucket combined and almost none of the cons.
the beauty is, you can use their own website to create public, private or internal repositories, or you can install it on your own servers.
jajarvin
I use Github.
I have no need to use another online services.
namnv609
I've use Github for public repositories, Bitbucket for private repositories Very Happy !