FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Domain Name Issue





ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

I've setup my domain, chunkybustout.com, on frihost and it's been working well. I've just noticed that after it goes to chunkybustout.com it changes to thecbp.frihost.net. How can I keep chunkybustout.com showing no matter what? This includes sub directories like, forum, blog, etc. Would I have to do something special with those?
ocalhoun
A perfactionist! (this only happened after getting 3 links deep when I tried it) I admire that he still tries to make it work: Web design can be a very imperfect art.
xorcist
^What are you talking about...
For the domain I think you have to park it instead of add it on.
mOrpheuS
I believe it happens only with parked domains.

I had the same problem before when I had only one domain parked in my account.
When I changed it to add-on domain (I had to add another domain), the problem went away.
Bondings
You should put a slash next to the directory name. (http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog/ instead of http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog)
soulman
Bondings wrote:
You should put a slash next to the directory name. (http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog/ instead of http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog)


anything else we should do after we changed the Name Server as: ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net

I registered a yahoo domain, and changed the name server into ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net, than I add the domain name in my Cpanel like:

Current Redirects
/ http://www.exsisto.biz (temp)
blog/ http://blog.exsisto.biz (temp)
forum/ http://forum.exsisto.biz (temp)

but nothing happened at all after 48 hours, and after I change the name server back, and config the standard forward, the domain name still didnt work....

what should we do like this.
Daniel15
You need to change the name servers, and then add the domain in as an 'addon' or 'parked' domain. See the sticky for more information.
soulman
daniel15 wrote:
You need to change the name servers, and then add the domain in as an 'addon' or 'parked' domain. See the sticky for more information.


wow, thank you, I busy for 2 weeks on config the Redirects....

well... how long does it make effect?
Dante
OK this kind of discussion support is very, very good, a definate reason to join Frihost.
ChunkyBustout
Bondings wrote:
You should put a slash next to the directory name. (http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog/ instead of http://www.chunkybustout.com/blog)


Would this be under Parked or Add-on domains?

Does my site need to be under its own, self-named directory?
What I mean here is if my domain name is "thecbp.com" do the html files go into a directory named "thecbp"?

What I'm trying to do is make "chunkybustout.com" look and act like "thecbp.frihost.net" and "chunkybustout.com/blog" look and act like "thecbp.frihost.net/blog". I don't want to see "thecbp.frihost.net".

I've went through a few C-Panel tutorials and I found none of them were clear on this.
n0obie4life
He meant in all your links to another page (example your blog), you will have this html code.

Code:
<a href="/blog/">To my blog</a>


And not

Code:
<a href="/blog">To my blog</a>


That's what he meant.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
He meant in all your links to another page (example your blog), you will have this html code.

Code:
<a href="/blog/">To my blog</a>


And not

Code:
<a href="/blog">To my blog</a>


That's what he meant.


Whenever you link to a directory, the link href should ALWAYS end with a slash. It's good coding practise.
ChunkyBustout
Oh and does that include filenames or just directories?
Thank you for the clarification, noobie.
Bondings
ChunkyBustout wrote:
Oh and does that include filenames or just directories?
Thank you for the clarification, noobie.

Only directories, not files.
Bondings
soulman wrote:
daniel15 wrote:
You need to change the name servers, and then add the domain in as an 'addon' or 'parked' domain. See the sticky for more information.


wow, thank you, I busy for 2 weeks on config the Redirects....

well... how long does it make effect?

Souman, please make a new topic about this, and please mention everything you did + the current state and also, if possible, the domain name. I'll check it then.

The domain propagation takes about 6-24 hours. The server part should be done immediately.
ChunkyBustout
Thank you. I got it now.
Related topics
Ok a little help for a semi-beginner
Can I use a .com.ru domain name when requesting free hosing?
Free domain names
Hosting my own domain name on Frihost
domain name help
JJstorm has registered (and wants his own domain name)
'Where To' For Domain Name Registration?
Does anyone know where I could get a FREE domain name?
change domain name
What i need make, to authorize domain name in yours DNS?
Want to host a Domain name
domain name not working
Question about Domain name and add-on domain
Keep domain name in URL space
Longest domain name in the world!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.