FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Server 1 News





deanhills
Looks as though Server 1's self-signed certificate has been renewed. Not sure whether this is Bondings or maybe the Data Center. But it has been renewed until end of 2016.

We're still being looked after.



Thanks Bondings!
Ankhanu
Good news!

Wish we didn't have to hit the wire before finding out, but good news nonetheless Razz
andro_king
That sounds great! So someone is still paying the bills and maintaining it Wink
Da Rossa
Congratz Bondings and Frih staff! Smile
RosenCruz
Good news. Nice to see some moves Wink
deanhills
True. We've got our first new applicant. So good beginnings! Cool
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
True. We've got our first new applicant. So good beginnings! Cool


Is Frihost giving away free host now ? Is there an administrator to create accounts ??
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:


Is Frihost giving away free host now ? Is there an administrator to create accounts ??

TidruG's appointment of me as staff means I can now officially create Frihost hosting accounts on Server 1 as well as provide some admin support for Server 1. So, yes, we are able to create new accounts again. None of the staff have access to any of the other servers I'm afraid. So we can't provide any support for existing hosting accounts on the other servers. If there is a real need however to change the hosting account from any of the other servers to Server 1, you can PM me. Expectation would then be that the member relinquishes his hosting account on the other server and it will be marked for termination by Bondings once he is able to check through the accounts again.

For our existing Golden Oldie members with a good number of posts we can double the disk space and bandwidth to 3GB and 60,000 GB when the account is moved to Server 1. In compensation for lack of admin support.

The allocation for new members is the Standard Frihost package of 1.5 GB space and 35,000 GB bandwidth. Server 1 uses a cPanel Control Panel vs the other Servers that are on DirectAdmin.
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:


RosenCruz wrote:
Is Frihost giving away free host now ? Is there an administrator to create accounts ??

TidruG's appointment of me as staff means I can now officially create Frihost hosting accounts on Server 1 as well as provide some admin support for Server 1. So, yes, we are able to create new accounts again. None of the staff have access to any of the other servers I'm afraid. So we can't provide any support for existing hosting accounts on the other servers. If there is a real need however to change the hosting account from any of the other servers to Server 1, you can PM me. Expectation would then be that the member relinquishes his hosting account on the other server and it will be marked for termination by Bondings once he is able to check through the accounts again.

For our existing Golden Oldie members with a good number of posts we can double the disk space and bandwidth to 3GB and 60,000 GB when the account is moved to Server 1. In compensation for lack of admin support.

The allocation for new members is the Standard Frihost package of 1.5 GB space and 35,000 GB bandwidth. Server 1 uses a cPanel Control Panel vs the other Servers that are on DirectAdmin.



Great news. After months, it is nice too see that we are able to provide free hosting again. This is such an old community and should do what it was meant for : Provide hosting. I am so glad to see deanhills in charge of things. Wink
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
I am so glad to see deanhills in charge of things. Wink


Thanks RosenCruz. The guy of course who is always in charge is Bondings. He can turn off the lights at any time. And we're lucky he is keeping Frihost going in spite of not having any time to invest in it.

Next in line, the boss I am in contact with and appointed me to this position is tidruG. And then after that Ankhanu and the other staff I report to in the Staff Forum. Without their support I'd have never been appointed to the position. It's team work really with me being a junior and in the front line at the moment for the hosting applications. I'm enjoying every moment of it of course as I love Frihost. I'm finally in a position to be of some assistance. Very Happy
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
I am so glad to see deanhills in charge of things. Wink


Thanks RosenCruz. The guy of course who is always in charge is Bondings. He can turn off the lights at any time. And we're lucky he is keeping Frihost going in spite of not having any time to invest in it.

Next in line, the boss I am in contact with and appointed me to this position is tidruG. And then after that Ankhanu and the other staff I report to in the Staff Forum. Without their support I'd have never been appointed to the position. It's team work really with me being a junior and in the front line at the moment for the hosting applications. I'm enjoying every moment of it of course as I love Frihost. I'm finally in a position to be of some assistance. Very Happy


You know you are the man for me, who is in charge of keeping Frihost alive Wink You know what I mean Arrow Rolling Eyes
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:

You know you are the man for me, who is in charge of keeping Frihost alive Wink You know what I mean Arrow Rolling Eyes
Absolutely!
Da Rossa
Dean is the man!
Related topics
put the news of the frihost ,on the home page...
PC-News Dominicana
NNTP-News Server in 5 minutes
Fedora Core 5 Test 1 Review
Server 2 down?
Bad news about the Server 2
Bad news about the Server 2?
Music and Film Industry Gossip, News and More (May 20th)
How much is it to get the right server?
Server 2 down due to abuse issue (05-10-2006)
We are aware of the problems on Server 2 (Frih.net)
Server for Web Site
server side includes SSI + stats
Problem with CMS software when accessing 3rd party sites
Follow on Twitter
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.