FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Force Awakens

amagard
Spoiler Alert: don't read further if you haven't watched that movie (Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens) yet and don't want to know anything about its content yet.
Yesterday I have been in a movie cinema after a long while, probably some years, to watch the new Star Wars movie.

( photo on flickr by Jeff Krause )

Nicely done and entertaining, but when I left the theatre I realized I have seen this movie before in 1977. The story is absolutely the same: a person doing some meaningless job on a desert planet to simply survive is discovered to become a powerful hero to fight evil forces. Those evil forces have built a mighty weapon capable to take out an entire solar system ( not just a single planet as in episode 4 ) and the rebels need to come up with a keen plan and maneuver to get into its heart and take it out. And there is this father-sun conflict which ends in a fight one has to loose: father on one side, sun on the other side; this time the other way around. And of course: light sabre fights.
As I have read Disney has bought the original story from George Lukas and apparently changed it to make what they call a retro movie.
People like change ? Not always. Apparently they have been quiet successful to produce a movie meeting expectations, not by coming up with something new.
loveandormoney
Here in the Forum of FRIHOST
there is another thread about Star Wars.

Did u see it?
A lot of interesting information.

Do u like the movie? We do.
Insanity
I think it was a great movie. Much better than the first three prequels.
Blummer
Insanity wrote:
I think it was a great movie. Much better than the first three prequels.

Good to hear many people enjoy this more naturally flowing story. I can't say I hated the prequels, but there were many unnecessary elements to it, being too boring. And they were also flooded with CGI, while JJ made a great balance between the real and CG characters/locations. Here's an interesting video exploring the new film and you can discover many unexpected references to the past movies. Hope this doesn't count as a spoiler.