FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Account Suspended

airh3ad
I would like to request to login to my account so i can can backup mi files.
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
Hi airh3ad. The hosting account has been unsuspended to allow you to make backups of your accounts.
deanhills
deanhills wrote:
airh3ad wrote:
Hi airh3ad. The hosting account has been unsuspended to allow you to make backups of your accounts.
Suspended again today after keeping account open so that backups could be made as requested. Hopefully the backups have been made.
johans
mine was suspended since Jan 2015 with no action that is why i dont post here any more.

I am active but since my account is suspended i lost hope here in frihost. bonding did not do any action for my request.
deanhills
johans wrote:
mine was suspended since Jan 2015 with no action that is why i dont post here any more.

I am active but since my account is suspended i lost hope here in frihost. bonding did not do any action for my request.
Must say it is a mystery to me too Johans. We were waiting at Server 1 to see whether the lights were going to go out on cPanel, as it's a year since it has been recreated from scratch after the disk failure of end 2015. We did notice that the self-signed security certificate expired, but cpanel seems to be continuing as per usual. When I checked I noticed that the panel licenses must be paid as part of the server charges.

I can only marvel at Bondings bankrolling us like this. Just imagine paying a monthly fee for four servers that you're not really in touch with any longer. With almost zero traffic in it. One could probably fantasize about this. Maybe he has a really BIG account with the data center for his real life data projects, and the four servers are riding on it for free. Or maybe something happened and in his will and testament he bequeathed X sum to the Data Center for keeping everything as is until funds run out. I'm almost certain though he is doing OK and living life to the fullest, so much so that the bankrolling relative to the time he doesn't have available to round things off here isn't making that much of a dent in his pocket. Or I hope so anyway. Razz
airh3ad
i just noticed tha't there are administrator here very strict, with regarding the accounts automatic suspended, they should advise the user or help.

B0ndings is different he is not strict he is always there to help us.
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
i just noticed tha't there are administrator here very strict, with regarding the accounts automatic suspended, they should advise the user or help.

B0ndings is different he is not strict he is always there to help us.
You're right airh3ad. The current Administrator is more strict. Being a caretaker imposes a higher level of responsibility than being the owner of a server. In addition, we're living in different times. When Bondings was around during the old times there weren't as many serious infection bots traveling around. In the old days one could leave even a Wordpress Website for a few weeks, maybe even months and not worry about it. Updating the scripts was also not a big deal. One only updated the scripts now and then. These days one can't afford not to have one's scripts and plugins up to date. So yes, one has to be more strict than before. If a script is out of date it poses a real threat to the server.

Just to give you an idea of what happens when a script gets infected. The last time this happened was in December last year. Someone from Frihost left his Website unattended. His script was out of date. His Website got a backdoor Stealrat infection that caused his admin records to be altered so that his account could be used as a launch pad for THOUSANDS of spam mails to the rest of the world. First thing that happened was the Server 1 IP got blacklisted. Someone had to work to get the blacklisting removed. Someone had to clean up all of the e-mails. And of course that account had to be permanently suspended as the moment it gets unsuspended the flood continues. The infection caused the admin records of the script to be changed. The blacklisting is done at Spamhaus and many e-mail hosts follow Spamhaus blacklistings. Spamhaus is forgiving when it is one, two or three times, but when it gets to repeat offending, there is a chance one can lose the use of the IP permanently.

I'm sure Bondings of all people understands how brutal these new hack bots are. The last time this happened when he was around (think it was May this year) the person wasn't even allowed to download a backup of her Website. It was too much of a risk for the server as that particular infection was able to replicate itself posing a risk to the rest of the server. It was called the CryptoPHP Virus. You should read a little more about it, as this is the level of bots that are traveling around in malware and which all out of date CMS scripts (particularly WordPress with its many plugins) are vulnerable to.
airh3ad
If this case we need to upgrade our security move to another hosting or server if this is the case much secure and update firewall subscriptions etc.

I understand it's not easy to to this but we have to secure always rather than hackers attack on our servers.
Ankhanu
Yes... and an important part of securing is we users taking responsibility and making sure we are using secure, up to date code.