FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THE SMALLEST ITEM EVER SOLD ON eBay!

goutha
I made a bet with my girlfriend: I can get at least 10$ for the smallest item ever sold on eBay!!! If so, I'll be treated by her like a KING for one month!!! If I loose, I'll be her slave Sad

Take a look to my auction : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5637274146

Bid on it and be part on Internet History

your comments? Cool
Arnie
LOL someone should sell a dust particle.
SunburnedCactus
Nice hand.
goutha
Thanks for the compliment Smile

At least, if I'll loose this bet, I know now that I have nice hand!

Thanks Razz
xorcist
I'm going to try and fine something smaller then that and sell it on there. I cant believe someone really bid on it, even though its only like 32 cents.
snowboardalliance
I really doubt the bid will even get to a dollar. But it was a good idea kind of I guess.
ocalhoun
Are you sure its the smallest?
You never know...
seanooi
ocalhoun wrote:
Are you sure its the smallest?
You never know...

As of now, it is the smallest......i think...ahahahaha Laughing
n0obie4life
snowboardalliance wrote:
I really doubt the bid will even get to a dollar. But it was a good idea kind of I guess.

It got to 3.50 USD$

Are they too free with their money? I think I'll go to ebay and sell nothing. They'll probably give me 10 USD$ for that.

Eh, good luck in that auction, hopefully it gets to 10 USD$ in 10 days time Wink
Patrick
hahaha.. hope she gets 10$!!

But when people see this i think they will try find something even smaller, like a hair or a dustcorn..
SuperMonkey
lol all someone needs to do is sell a grain of sand Razz then its no longer the smallest item for sale on eBay. Good luck to you though Smile it seems to be doing pretty well, considering its a ball from a pen Smile
SilverDogg
can you say that nothing is smaller? if so, its already been sold there ;D

however, i dont think you will get $10 for it, unfortunantly. i was thinking about being really nice and all, and buy it for 10$ ;D, but then i remembered, i have absolutely no money ;P.

good luck on the slavery Wink.
Mark999111
lol!

I hope someone bids on it, but there's no excuse for overcharging on postage on this one
n0obie4life
Mark999111 wrote:
lol!

I hope someone bids on it, but there's no excuse for overcharging on postage on this one

I'm sure it'll be lost during postage. That explains why there isn't a postage insurance.

Eh, it's size is so small, you put it in a letter, it'll most probably be lost Rolling Eyes, probably dropped out in the mailman's bag or whatever. Or if you use DHL, they'll lose it on the ship unless they have some sort of special box for it.
quartz
Good salesman. You can get money from nothing Smile)
goutha
Thanks for all of you. Your comments are funny!

For those afraid of high shipping costs, shipping will be free of charge worldwide. Laughing

In addition to that, I found a way to send it without being lost Idea

Keep looking to my auction and if you can, talk to your friends about it... I can't imagine my sefl as a slave... Crying or Very sad

thanks again
HangoverMS
That is very cool! Even if you lose, it could be quite pleasant to be her love slave. Twisted Evil

Oh, wait. You didn't say love slave.

Never mind. Anyway, good luck!
Patrick
goutha wrote:

In addition to that, I found a way to send it without being lost Idea

tell tell tell.
OutlawSpirit
crazy... haha, funny
goutha
Very easy gus...

I'm going to use a small ziploc bag! I'll put it in the letter, and there no way to get it lost Laughing

I can even contact ziploc to ask then to provide me a free bag, as I'm advertising their good products Very Happy
[FuN]goku
no comment
PatTheGreat42
You could have gone smaller.

You could have made your own sphere out of, say, solder.
PatTheGreat42
I shall defeat ye!
n0obie4life
goutha wrote:
Very easy gus...

I'm going to use a small ziploc bag! I'll put it in the letter, and there no way to get it lost Laughing

I can even contact ziploc to ask then to provide me a free bag, as I'm advertising their good products Very Happy

And why won't it drop? That thing might have holes in it.
jspapp
Hey....
If your girlfriend put up something smaller than that on Ebay, would you lose the bet because the pen ball isn't the smallest thing?
Nameless
Who else is just waiting for somebody to try and sell a single molecule of water on ebay?
3shades
haha that is awesome!

hope you win man, people are pretty stupid with money on ebay so you should

ive seen a skip wrapper (crisp/chip packet) selling for 80 pounds, (150 USD!)

good luck my friend, i'd bid, but im on english ebay lol
Arnie
Nameless wrote:
Who else is just waiting for somebody to try and sell a single molecule of water on ebay?
Somebody'll beat that with one hydrogen-molecule ;(
ocalhoun
Then somebody will beat that with a single electron.
easy shipping on that one: send them a ping with 1bit of data (make sure it's a 1)
psycosquirrel
Laughing

I am almost entirely sure you will make at least $10, if not $50 off of this thing, considering it is over $3 with 8 days left...
Mark999111
n0obie4life wrote:
Mark999111 wrote:
lol!

I'm sure it'll be lost during postage. That explains why there isn't a postage insurance.

Eh, it's size is so small, you put it in a letter, it'll most probably be lost Rolling Eyes, probably dropped out in the mailman's bag or whatever. Or if you use DHL, they'll lose it on the ship unless they have some sort of special box for it.

you could alwyas seal it in a plactic envolope then put that in a letter and send it Idea

EDIT: wow that was my 100th post, cool!!!
MistaKiula
Current bid = $3.25?!.. too much x.x
wilsgrant
Hah good idea but kind of pathetic people will actually bid on that Laughing
nilsmo
I predict that it will go over $10... Maybe about 11 bucks...
SilverDogg
hmm.. it doesnt seem like its getting any higher. hopefully they are all waiting for the last minute ;D
Jayfarer
$10 was too optimistic. You should have said $5. Looks like you'll be a slave.
the666bbq
if my recolleciton is right there have been auctions on ebay that sold sheer 'air', and I think air is still smaller than the ballpointball. Maybe a lot of 1.000.000 similar items, derived from golden Parker pens starting at one euro would be a nice alternative
RebelYell4x4
lol thats really funny. People sell all kinds of stuff on ebay... i go there periodically just to see what new bizarre object is being sold. But i think thats a good idea...i just have an idea...tell the person you'll send him $10 back to him after he buys it...Smile
Freezon
Current Bid: $5.50 USD
Current Time Left: 6 days 18 hours
Total Number of Bids: 11

Wow truly amazing, just shows that you can literally sell anything and get SOMETHING for it. Of course this isn't as ridiculous as the "Mysterious Alien Slime" I saw sold on eBay once. Seriously, they had a cup and they had mixed it with all kinds of strange fluids and green food coloring and claimed that their child left a cup out at night and the next morning there was this strange alien slime in it. How ridiculous. It got over $50 as far as I remember, crazy.
tonebone0011
Thats cool. I am going to try that tomorrow.
n0obie4life
the666bbq wrote:
if my recolleciton is right there have been auctions on ebay that sold sheer 'air', and I think air is still smaller than the ballpointball. Maybe a lot of 1.000.000 similar items, derived from golden Parker pens starting at one euro would be a nice alternative

You can't beat what I saw.

"Nothing on sale for ebay"
Donutey
Freezon wrote:
Current Bid: $5.50 USD
Current Time Left: 6 days 18 hours
Total Number of Bids: 11

Wow truly amazing, just shows that you can literally sell anything and get SOMETHING for it. Of course this isn't as ridiculous as the "Mysterious Alien Slime" I saw sold on eBay once. Seriously, they had a cup and they had mixed it with all kinds of strange fluids and green food coloring and claimed that their child left a cup out at night and the next morning there was this strange alien slime in it. How ridiculous. It got over $50 as far as I remember, crazy.

its not that he's selling anything it's that he's selling something unique, and a good story to tell your kids... lol

i predict the biddings going to stop at $9.99 just to be annoying... lol... Rolling Eyes
driftingfe3s
Sounds like a good idea to make money. I hope you get some decent cash.
nOScott
my bike from the 8th grade middle school .. that thing was so broken . I got hit by a car Very Happy
supersonic
Does postage count in thoose $10 you need to make? If so then you probably will be a king.
ApolloKid
omg look at the questions people asked him...okay first of all why would you buy a pen ball for like $10 when you can just get a pen for free somwhere else Rolling Eyes and lol the next ones like oh i want a black one..like it REALLY matters..good luck with your bet lol and if people are really so silly as that i think you might actually win
headless
nice ball. but i saw on the news somthing about a piece of nutragrain that was shaped the same as e.t. (the alien form the movie et) and i also heard them say something about 20,000 dollars for it. Dont know who would bye it, but the seller would be happy. i'd rather buy tons of other stuff for that kind of money. but thats just me!
moejoe
That is so stupid, people are actually bidding for it...AND WHY IS THE SHIPPING OVERSEAS NOT FREE!??...geez, hoo would want to recieve that in the mail, what if they put that foamy thingy in the pageage, you'll lose your ballpoint.

The ingnorance of some people.
goutha
Hi guy. I'm so happy to see that you're interested in my bet and auction. The matter now is to win that bet.
I'm almost with 1000 hits and 4.50$ to win! Not so bad with more than 5 days remainning!

Thanks again. Don't hesitate to tell your silly freinds about it!
samvig
Good Idea.....
But the point is it is currently the smallest item on sale...
but who will ensure that it remains that way. In fact someone might find something smaller and then ur piece of internet history might just become as worthless as it really is ...
Freezon
Quote:
Good Idea.....
But the point is it is currently the smallest item on sale...
but who will ensure that it remains that way. In fact someone might find something smaller and then ur piece of internet history might just become as worthless as it really is ...

True, once sellers see this item as the "Smallest Item Ever Song on eBay!" they will soon get the hint and sell their smallest findings to try to make some spare cash.
dpsthree
I think its the perfect item to advertise as the smallest thing ever sold on ebay, everything else would seem like cheating, this is something that has a function, unique, isn't entirely rediculous like hair, air, or water. I would bid on it if I weren't broke, just for humor's sake. And besides the questions being asked on ebay are out of sarcasm.

Keep your head up man. Its a great Idea. Good Luck
summer-sensation
goutha wrote:
I made a bet with my girlfriend: I can get at least 10$ for the smallest item ever sold on eBay!!! If so, I'll be treated by her like a KING for one month!!! If I loose, I'll be her slave Sad

Take a look to my auction : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5637274146

Bid on it and be part on Internet History

your comments? Cool

Did you hear about the Elvis Ego someone sold? It went for a lot of money!! It was on an Ego waffle and burned into the center was ELVIS. *laugh* It was amusing to look at.
Oh, they sold the toaster that burned it, too.
Phi
$5.50 now, I hope it does reach $10! Very amusing idea Wink
Masochistic Tendencies
Good luck on that. I bet you win...I'm hoping so atleast. Wink
Daniel15
Speaking of weird things on eBay, it's an interesting story why eBay was actually created.

The creator's wife couldn't find anywhere to trade PEZ dispensers online! So, eBay was created in 1995/1996, with a goal of being able to sell anything to anyone
bananaphone
snowboardalliance wrote:

Laughing Proved wrong snowboardalliance - its now at $6.50 and climbing!
guissmo
$6.00+ and 2 days left? Hmm... looks like you're going to be a slave.. that will probably just reach somewhere between $7 - $8... or worse... it won't move...
solomagos
Really unbelievable! How can a person pay for a ballpen so much money! Hope you get into Internet history! hahahhaaha
bye!
SilverDogg
i had my doubts before, but now i believe that you will actually make it =). everybody knows that its in the last minutes the bids are just hailing in. i believe someone will buy it for just slightly more than $10.
carlokes
COme on man everyone knows you really want to be her slave for a month and do whatever she demands you to do...but guess what...maybe she will be your slave...
summer-sensation
daniel15 wrote:
Speaking of weird things on eBay, it's an interesting story why eBay was actually created.

The creator's wife couldn't find anywhere to trade PEZ dispensers online! So, eBay was created in 1995/1996, with a goal of being able to sell anything to anyone

No way! Google was made for a funny reason too. Except I can't remember why.

Hmm...
Marcus
This is how I'm going to make money in the future. Sell useless items on eBay just because I can. Just like that ball-point pen's ball. Totally useless. No one would ever need it, but the idea is priceless.

Great idea.
supersonic
You only have a day and a half left. Have fun being your girlfriends slave Very Happy (for her)
dysturbedstatic
actually its not the smallest item ever sold on ebay. Back in the first days of Ebay people were selling everything from used panties to ghosts. There was that big fad a while back about selling your soul, which has no size or shape. the only thing the people recieved was a piece of paper which like your penny is no the object being sold to really, you are not selling the smallest thing on ebay. a sould can not be given a size because it cant be seen. ha i win. enjoy being a slave.
hazmatt
Sorry, but I'm rooting for the GF. Make sure you tell us what fun stuff she makes you do. I recommend a French maid outfit.
Masochistic Tendencies
hazmatt wrote:
Sorry, but I'm rooting for the GF. Make sure you tell us what fun stuff she makes you do. I recommend a French maid outfit.

Lmao that is SO wrong...but funny XD Twisted Evil
carlokes
Has anyone thougth that this is probably a scam to make easy money??
SilverDogg
everytime i look at it, i get the urge to bid ;D.
sure, im not all that sure if i can afford it, but $10 isnt all that much either.. hmm hmm.. ill think about it until tomorrow when the bidding ends ;D
skeeterpup
Lol this is too funny. I have seen an empty gum wrapper sell for like 50 bucks so this should do well.

On a side note I was thinking of selling rattie raisins on ebay (rat droppings) as a gag. Do you think they will sell? I bet they will. We shall see sometime in the near future Smile

Melby
guissmo
awww.... looks like you're going to be a slave...

Current bid: US $6.50

Time left: 16 hours 6 mins
10-day listing, Ends Nov-27-05 12:19:37 PST
Start time: Nov-17-05 12:19:37 PST
History: 12 bids (US $0.01 starting bid)

** http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5637274146 **
scott28w
What a unique idea. I hope it works well and sells for a high price. Very Happy
Masochistic Tendencies
Aw 13 hours and it's still at $6.50...I'm not sure if your going to make it. ><
n0obie4life
Uh oh, 5 hours left and it's still 6.50.

Slave Razz
Tjcrazy
Wow thats a good idea!
supersonic
it is going to be really close. There is an hour left and you have made $9.50.
Masochistic Tendencies
I'd totally buy it to help ya out....but personally...I want to see the girl friend win XD
byt
Ha hA the G/F wins the bet, hope she makes your life hell Laughing
supersonic
Your going to have to be her slave. The auction is over. Laughing
Masochistic Tendencies
Yeah that sucks but on the bright side....Maybe she'll make you be her love slave XD. J/k
Johnman239
$9.50, so close, its almost funny, 50 cents was all you needed

Excuse:
Postage was 50 cents, therefore I got $10 for it

Probably won't work, but who knows..
hanay
WOW, this is really somthing that should deserve recognition!

I jest. This is complete idiodic. Why not sell a strand of your DNA to a russian research lab in siberia for human cloning? That would not only be the smallest thing ever sold over the internet, but the most controversial! You could be a star!

Seriously folk, why are you getting so riled up about this?
psycosquirrel
Hanay has a point, but it is fun seeing people bid on such stupid things. As for the auction, most sale prices more than quadruple in the last day of auction, so I am sure he will win the bet.
blueknot
haha,

you are luck you win the bet.

maybe people really suppose you tobe the KING.

so do smth as a man, or a king.
n0obie4life
blueknot wrote:
haha,

you are luck you win the bet.

maybe people really suppose you tobe the KING.

so do smth as a man, or a king.

First off, he lost it, so stop spamming.

Oh well, good luck being a slave. Erm, a love slave would be nice Smile
BriBri72
So, was this a learning experience for you? Did your girlfriend laugh at you once you were kneeling at her feet? Or did she make you wait in an agony of suspense for your first servile task? Twisted Evil
blueknot
hmm, sorry then, can't find the post that you say you lost..

but the mod tell me already haha.

love slave is good haha.

maybe on the knees and beg for marriage .. lalala
lockwolf
Crap man, I should try and win a bet like that sometime. But the sad news is, Somebody Stole your idea! Beat the crap out of him!
wrightbros
pretty funny idea, but i won't be bidding.
CVveulschik
Quite small it is lol. you can sell the most stupid things on ebay and still get a lot of money from it. someone sold a half package of cigarettes for 10 euos Confused. quite funny

perhaps you should try selling a piece of sand or, even smaller, an atom Razz
Arnie
LOL $0.50 too little! >:o That'll teach you not to bet again >:(

Hey are you from Canada? If so you've won 9.50USD is more than 10 Canadian $
Hayloe
Awesome! hope you win the bet, lol, i personally cant contribute to this as im a kid with no CC/Job hehe but best of luck to you.
James Bond-007
That whole idea is actually quite clever. Though it may not be worth much, the priciple is what makes the cost.