FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Modern typography

Da Rossa
Hi all,
I'm an old member here @ Frih and I love this place. I also understand this forum is customized for the Frihost mechanics, which is probably the reason why Bondings refuses to insert another phpBB version or theme.

However, the monitors and screens have become wider; the contemporary webdesign process is responsive-oriented and focused on legibility. This Subsilver theme is so horizontally-spanned that makes the characters less readable in higher resolutions, forcing us to use the zoom.

I'm not saying "Frih should revamp the entire thing", use a new theme and go under the hood by recoding everything; but, if possible, it would be nice to have a responsível, more readable forum. It is difficult to browse in mobile devices.

Thanks.
deanhills
The existence of Frihost is miraculous in its own right. I'd say the Frihost look has become the equivalent of a vintage classic design. Now and then I still think it would be nice to make some changes to make it more mobile and device friendly but essentially Frihost won't be Frihost anymore if they are to make some major design changes to it.

By the way I once had fun with this provider to see what the Frihost vintage classic design could look for mobile friendly. The end product was not bad at all:

https://my.dudamobile.com/site/frihost?dm_try_mode=true

Da Rossa
Err... but look at this:

Imo, this is completely unwanted...
deanhills
That was not a serious design though. Just a superficial specimen which the owner of that Service, Duda, uses to get one interested. I don't have admin or root access to make a meaningful design. Bondings is the only one with the level of access that is needed to make in depth changes.
Da Rossa
I understand. Well, it's all about legibility in big monitors. Some older sites require me to zoom the browser, which is not so nice to do all the time.

But, the suggestion is there Smile