FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LAMP on Linux connect to php

Possum
Hi

In Ubuntu I installed LAMP. It worked. I then pointed to a folder of my choice

/home/linuxlite/www linuxlite is my username..

by following the code below... But when I installed phpmyadmin I cant get it to go. When I checked out show databases in mysql phpmyadmin is alive there.

how can I get my server to see phpmyadmin..

Quote:
Code:
Virtual Hosts

Apache2 has the concept of sites, which are separate configuration files that Apache2 will read. These are available in /etc/apache2/sites-available. By default, there is one site available called 000-default. This is what you will see when you browse to http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1. You can have many different site configurations available, and activate only those that you need.

As an example, we want the default site to be /home/user/public_html/. To do this, we must create a new site and then enable it in Apache2.

To create a new site:

Copy the default website as a starting point. sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf

Edit the new configuration file in a text editor "sudo nano" on the command line or "gksudo gedit", for example: gksudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf

Change the DocumentRoot to point to the new location. For example, /home/user/public_html/

In the file: /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, change the Directory directive, replace <Directory /var/www/> to <Directory /home/user/public_html/>

You can also set separate logs for each site. To do this, change the ErrorLog and CustomLog directives. This is optional, but handy if you have many sites
    Save the file

[/code]
jajarvin
Possum wrote:
how can I get my server to see phpmyadmin..

I not quit understand your question.
Anyway I think phpmyadmin should be in address http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Marcuzzo
Possum, post the contents of the conf files so I can have a look at it.
also, restart apache after the changes
Possum
Im sorry guys I need to research this one just to ask the question correctly.. Back in 24 hrs.. thx
k_s_baskar
If you are planning to host multiple sites. You can tree free panels like kloxo-mr which will install all necessary applications for you. additionally you can get GUI access to create domains in your server.
Tafhim
To be honest there could be multiple cases. First you must ensure you have properly installed phpmyadmin and all it's dependencies. It's very important to even get started.

Then, check if your LAMPP installation has restrictions on, initially some LAMPP installations have various database tables that are not really created until you manually run some scripts that are usually inside the bin directory of /opt/lampp.

Phpmyadmin also needs some tables of it's own created.

I mostly have solved such issues using any error messages I see when I try to access the page and google it. Also /var/lop/apache2/error.log may have some clues for you at the bottom. Google those errors too, not just copy and paste but take generic parts and google them.

It would help if you put some follow up on this, that way we can clearly understand your specific scenario.

It can be solved because it's very normal Smile