FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Higher points limit?

Higher points limit?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

devroom
Just some some1 on the forum with 105 point. has the limit went up?
would be nice. and why do you have such a low limit. if your on a vacation you've got to get a pc connected to the internet or your site will be down.
So maybe you can put the level up to 60 points?
Would really be nice

ps. is linking to mp3's allowed?
Arnie
You can get points above the 45 limit but the next day it will be reset to 45.
Sunny
Quote:
Just some some1 on the forum with 105 point. has the limit went up?

NO, Everyone has SAME limit..When you post quiet few in a day, it can go higher but it auto resets to 45 next day.

Quote:

would be nice. and why do you have such a low limit. if your on a vacation you've got to get a pc connected to the internet or your site will be down. So maybe you can put the level up to 60 points?
Would really be nice

45 Point means 45 days + some grace days (during which you will be getting warnings) Now in my opinion thats is more then enough. Vacationing for more then 45 days hmmmm.

Quote:
ps. is linking to mp3's allowed?

No we don't, It will get your hosting suspended. Make sure you read TOS. http://www.frihost.com/tos.php
Bondings
There are a few people posting on these forums without a hosting account. Not everyone is here for the hosting. Wink
Mark999111
I thought linking to mp3s was ok as long as they arent copyright?
n0obie4life
Mark999111 wrote:

Still. We don't allow it unless you have permission from us.
devroom
n0obie4life wrote:
Mark999111 wrote:

Still. We don't allow it unless you have permission from us.

Why exactly? You won t get into trouble if somebody hosts a 'illegal' mp3. the music industry is now busy on p2p programs
Bondings
devroom wrote:
Why exactly? You won t get into trouble if somebody hosts a 'illegal' mp3. the music industry is now busy on p2p programs

"Because we can get problems " is not the only reason. It's illegal and thus not allowed.

Also, there is a huge difference between you and a public server in a big datacenter. If they find illegal mp3's, then sure I will have problems.

So, don't even dare to put them on your hosting account!!!!

I don't like 'screaming' on a forum, but sometimes it's needed. Wink
xorcist
If you know that you are going on a vacation then get 45 points the day before you leave for vacation or whatever. You have 45 days before you reach 0 and after that a little after 10 points which i think is 10 days so that's 55 days you have to post something I doubt you will be on vacation for 55 days. That's if you lose a point a day.
Arnie
Except you're forgetting that after those 55 days you have to make a whole lot of postings to get your counter back up. Not to mention that during holidays some people go somewhere, then come back for a few days and go somewhere else again.
dxhunter
45 Points is very low and we write post and give little point Confused and sametime down points so much for 1 day down about 3 points maybe make 60 points (or more) or give more points for message Laughing
photon
point limits are essential to make sure that the user remains active n the forums. but 45 is a bit low. if the limit is raised to say 60-70, it would be better.
n0obie4life
Bondings, please shout more next time Very Happy

Increasing the point limit isn't feasable.

Higher Point limit = People who actually just post for hosting will come back less often, and that means less revenue, and that means less money to fill up the costs, and worst, Frihost will go Prihost or go away.

I was thinking of LOWERING it actually Rolling Eyes
devroom
n0obie4life wrote:
I was thinking of LOWERING it actually Rolling Eyes

My reaction:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have posted nearly every day since ive joined, but a cant do that the whole year.
So increase but certainly dont DECREASE

hmm
Hope you get the point Very Happy