FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Celebrating my 10th Year in Frihost.

k_s_baskar
I joined frihost 10 year before 14th November 2005. So i am celebrating my 10th year with frihost. Thankyou frihost for providing best hosting for 10 years!!!.
Smile
deanhills
Well done! Thanks for all of the posts you made as some of them have been VERY helpful to me on the tech side.

standready
Congratulations. Looks like you need to post your way out neg or request a reset.
RosenCruz
Great. Time flies by and when I see this kind of threads, I feel a bit old Rolling Eyes
tonberry
That's why it's very important to get rid of all the mirrors! Shaving from time to time helps a lot too Very Happy
Josso
old schoolers represent!
william
I'm less than a month away from 10 years, myself. Honestly, on the one hand that's terrifying because time really flies. One the hand hand, it's even more terrifying that Frihost has kept a website of mine up for a decade...despite me hitting -500 points today. Shocked
RosenCruz
So many middle aged guys in this forum Smile
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
So many middle aged guys in this forum Smile
Razz True. Guess 10 years do represent a time shift in most lives.
tonberry
And the older we are, the faster it does! That's why it's important to waste as little as possible Smile
chasbeen
Hi guys yes 10 years is a big chunk.
I wonder who you all are?
Leaving that aside. Frihost was and has been really good. I've used it for some of my hosting and had a few laughs.

I'm using another free service (in addition) called Heroku.
I started building things in pure JavaScript and you need a different service for that.
Josso
chasbeen wrote:
Hi guys yes 10 years is a big chunk.
I wonder who you all are?

heh yeah it's weird I saw someone on IRC saying that the other day. said this a bunch but one time I was wearing my avatar as a shirt and a guy I just met from my computing class was like "you use frihost by any chance?". small world.
spinout
I have been here too long. But still have the site up so I just keep prolonging it... I Think this is a complete waste of time, still my choice of a free site.... And I don't have the energy to look for a new site... hahaha
amagard
Congratulations !
I wonder what chance one has realisticly to get away from a minus some thousand points.
Is it possible to buy Frihost points with Frihost $ or coins ?

In Germany we have something called 'private insolvency'.
If you have too much to pay back you can request a 'private insolvency'. That means all borrower agree on an amount of dollars ( Euro in our case Wink ) you are able to pay back in the next 6 years, after that you are clear of debt.

May be we need a similar concept in Frihost ? Like: you agree to gain 10 points per week for the next 3 or 6 month, then your points get reset to 0 ?
deanhills
I like the idea about Frihost private insolvency. Sounds like an interesting idea. Thing is there doesn't seem to have been a need for it in the past as Bondings is quite generous about resetting points when someone returns to post.

I don't know what is happening with Servers 2 and 3 hosting accounts as only Bondings has access to them, but it looks like the accounts with very high minus scores aren't active any longer. I really don't know what the magic cut off is, but maybe Bondings does have one. Or who knows, I could be completely wrong, and there is a technical reason for their inactive accounts, like someone trying to brute force an inactive account in which case there would have been a spontaneous block on the account by DirectAdmin.
Da Rossa
I'm glad and proud to be able to say I'm a "10-yearer" too! Long live Frihost!!
truespeed
I have done the 10 years , when I joined in August 2006, Shakira feat Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie , was number one in the Uk charts.
SonLight
I'm coming up on ten years in a few months, if this thread is still active then I'll come back and sing "happy birthday". I've enjoyed the time here, and have played with web technology a bit, but I seem to always be either too lazy or too undecided to make a real website here.
BigGeek
Geez I'm not near the 10 year mark - I'm only at the 8!

Although I still come here and post and keep my website active and I have never been blocked or shut out - but then again I think the longest I didn't log on over the last 8 years was for 2 weeks! AND I never let my Points drop below -5!

Keeping up a website - paying for things like themes and traffic all sounds like a great idea but it is pretty much a full time endeavor if you ask me - having only 2 or 3 hours a day to work on it really draws out the time that you can get things done. Where when you are working full time at it something may take you a day or two to work through where as part time all of a sudden that becomes 4 days, 8, 10 days.

So I agree with the just "too lazy" comment - that would probably include me!
hown
i first visited this forum 10 years ago too,so can i be counted as 10-year-old frihoster too? Wink