FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is a left wing politician danger to our security?

What is your political view?
Left wing
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Centre left
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Centre ground
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Centre right
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Right wing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Tunay
Recent newspaper articles by senior military personnel suggesting that the new Labour party leader Mr Jeremy Cobyn will not use the nuclear capability of UK if it comes to that point in any warfare? What is your opinion?
catscratches
Nuclear deterrant
h_dif
I don't think Nukes should ever be considered. Even if an 'enemy' is looking to wipe you off the map, by contributing to a chance of mutually assured destruction we greatly increase the chance of destroying all life on this planet before we have a chance to get to Mars etc..
standready
h_dif wrote:
I don't think Nukes should ever be considered.

I hope nukes never have to be used but I do believe they should be a deterrent and have someone willing with their finger on the 'button'.
BigGeek
Nukes should never be considered as a way to start or end a war due to the massive instantaneous destruction they pose, and the log term devastation they levy on the environment! Having built thousands of these devices as a threat, or the way to deter a threat has been mankind's biggest stupidity and joke. Pointing larger and larger nuclear arsenals at each other hoping the other guy won't shoot his first is crazy shit. We spend billions of dollars on the weapons, and then the sit and rot for decades, and then we need to build more to make sure they work and are able to do their job, just so we can scare the opponent into not firing theirs. Insanity at it's best!

I do not see how any leader of a country that says he will not consider using nuclear weapons is a threat to anything other than stupidity Very Happy