FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Am I getting old? or just wiser?

What is your age? Note my new age classification!
Young - up to 35 years old
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Mature - up to 55 years old
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Middle age - up to 80 years old
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ready to retire - 80+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Tunay
I don't know what is happening with me these days. I have a degree of curiosity bordering obsession to learn more and more every day. I was always active but my god I am more active now then when I was 30. Is this a sign of mid-life crisis or is it just growing old and trying to do more in life or really appreciation that my brain cells and body are as active if not more active now then ever. Will appreciate your comments. By the way I am 52.
loveandormoney
How do Ypur friends see You? Do they say You are happy and its not necessary to have a sorrow or do Your friends say
change Your behaviour.
amagard
Very good, according to your age classification I am still mature. But only for another year to come.

It is probably that the older we get the more we realize how limited and short life time is and how much we don't know yet, haven't seen yet, haven't read yet, haven't learned yet. Thus we tend to spend our time with more valuable activities: read more, learn more, travel more.

And of course that saying probably is true: "Use it or loose it !" In that sense we better use our brain cells more often, and of course our muscles and entire body to keep it in shape and operational.
Tunay
loveandormoney wrote:
How do Ypur friends see You? Do they say You are happy and its not necessary to have a sorrow or do Your friends say
change Your behaviour.

I believe in positive attitude in life and where I can say yes never entertained the possibility of saying no. Yes I smile and laugh a lot. Do as best as you can in the circumstances you are in and you will do just fine is my attitude.
Tunay
amagard wrote:
Very good, according to your age classification I am still mature. But only for another year to come.

It is probably that the older we get the more we realize how limited and short life time is and how much we don't know yet, haven't seen yet, haven't read yet, haven't learned yet. Thus we tend to spend our time with more valuable activities: read more, learn more, travel more.

And of course that saying probably is true: "Use it or loose it !" In that sense we better use our brain cells more often, and of course our muscles and entire body to keep it in shape and operational.

Quite agree, many thanks for your reply though at least I know I am not becoming weird as I grow older Smile
standready
amagard wrote:

Very well stated, amagard.
Of course the older I get the more I "must" learn for my job. Things advance or change. I do still enjoy learning. Makes me feel young even though I did not like 'learning' in my youth.
BTW: I got 3 years on OP! Do the math! laugh.
loveandormoney
amagard wrote:

"how limited and short life time"

Does this make You happy.
We are suprised.
Can You explain us the aim or the pleasure.

Does it not make it black?
tonberry
According to some research papers, men get more active during 50s in many areas. The "drive" seems to increase and we become more competitive. As a matter of facts, 50-year olds are more competitive than any other age group! It may be mid-life crisis, it may be just how biology coded us. Probably it's the combination of the two. Nothing wrong in being active, I'd worry if I'd start fading away, not the other way around Smile